Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Dependency Browser update

Hernán Morales Durand

Jul 23, 2009, 12:30:42 AM7/23/09
to Pharo-...@lists.gforge.inria.fr, omnibro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

2009/7/22 Simon Denier <Simon....@inria.fr>
Hi Hernan

That's a pretty neat tool, very professional. I would vote for its
inclusion in an extended Pharo for developers.

Thanks, I'm very glad if the DependencyBrowser result in a useful tool for somebody.

But you know what would be even cooler? If you can take into account
the explicit dependencies of Monticello packages and highlight in red
those non-system packages which are not explicitly declared as
dependencies i.e. packages which would failed if loaded in a fresh
image because of missing implicit dependencies.

That's a good usability idea. I will let you know when it's ready, right now with the latest OmniBrowser, I see no protocol for changing the foreground color of a node in the OBNode hierarchy. Perhaps another OB user could tell how to do it?

Cheers.

Hernán

Hernán Morales Durand

Jul 30, 2009, 5:29:49 PM7/30/09
to omnibro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexandre,
  Thanks for the information. However I'd like to modify the foreground color of a node, not the background color (as the blue subclassResponsibility methods in the OB System Browser), and I found no easy way to do that, i.e.:

| answer |
 answer do: [: obNode | obNode foregroundColor: Color red ].
 ^answer

Right now I'm formatting the output this way:

>>name
       ^ Text string: nameString attribute: TextColor red

Cheers,

Hernán

2009/7/23 Alexandre Bergel <alex...@bergel.eu>
> That's a good usability idea. I will let you know when it's ready,
> right now with the latest OmniBrowser, I see no protocol for
> changing the foreground color of a node in the OBNode hierarchy.
> Perhaps another OB user could tell how to do it?

Easy, just override the method #backgroundColor to return a color.
If you need a complete exemple, then browse the package Moose-
OBBrowser in the Moose SqueakSource project.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu