OmniAuth for user and admin login

Greg Roodt

Jan 27, 2014, 7:17:48 PM1/27/14
to omni...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Im new to OmniAuth, but I've got it working for Google Account login in a Rails application.

I'm wondering if it is possible to use OmniAuth for 2 different sections of a webapp. 1 set of OmniAuth providers for a user facing section and 1 set of OmniAuth providers for an admin section.

This is what I'd like to do:
Google Account login for users for the user facing part of the site. (Possibly other providers too. Facebook for eg.).
Google Apps login (no other providers. Restricted to our Apps domain) for an admin section. Basically everything under the /admin part of the site.

Is there a way to set this up? I've got these setup individually in different applications in the past, but I've not figured out where to start if I'd like to have both in a single Rails application.

Any advice appreciated.

Greg

Greg Roodt

Jan 30, 2014, 6:24:51 PM1/30/14
to omni...@googlegroups.com
Any advice on this?

Gary Pinkham

Jan 31, 2014, 7:23:21 AM1/31/14
to omni...@googlegroups.com
I have done this with regular Devise/OmniAuth for regular site and ActiveAdmin (wih Devise) for Admin section..     so I'm sure you can make it work with I would take a look at how ActiveAdmin sets up the security for the Admin section and see if you can apply OmniAuth to that..

Sorry I don't have any more info..

best of luck
Gary

"only the last turn of a bolt tightens it, the rest is just movement."

Greg Roodt

Jan 31, 2014, 5:07:32 PM1/31/14
to omni...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gary. Good idea. I'll check ActiveAdmin out.