Hi, getting 404 error when logging in through Omniauth on Rails app [OMNIAUTH-GITHUB]

ace

Apr 26, 2014, 10:12:08 AM4/26/14
to omni...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to create a login that when you click on a "Login with Github" on a page, that it allows you to authenticate yourself, using Omniauth, through Github and returns you to my test app.

this is what has been happening:

I click on Login link, it says in the browser http://localhost:3000/auth/github and then I'm presented with a Github login page where I enter my details. At this point however, I'm not returned to my test application. Instead I get a Github 404 error page.

I even tried to raise an error to see my Github environmental variables displayed as text in my browser, so I could try and debug it and that isn't working either.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks