Can I combine between INET and veins in omnet++?

Dalia Adly

Dec 29, 2018, 8:17:06 PM12/29/18
to OMNeT++ Users
i want to implement AODV routing protocol in a vehicular environment based on ieee 802.11p and it already exists in INET framework .so how can i use the lower layers in veins and the upper layers in INET

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 31, 2018, 6:11:16 AM12/31/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The MAC and physical implementations of 802.11p is already included in inet,

i want to implement AODV routing protocol in a vehicular environment based on ieee 802.11p and it already exists in INET framework .so how can i use the lower layers in veins and the upper layers in INET

Christoph Sommer

Dec 31, 2018, 10:54:54 AM12/31/18
to andoklopez via OMNeT++ Users
Dalia Adly <eng.dal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> how can i use the lower layers in veins and the upper layers in INET

Veins 4.7.1 includes a subproject "veins_inet" which demonstrates how to use Veins as a source of node mobility for INET 3. If you are using INET 4, you can use the "veins_inet" subproject that is included in Veins 5 alpha 1.

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

bruno vieira

Jan 2, 2019, 6:03:01 AM1/2/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Christoph,

Is there any documentation or examples on how to use "veins_inet" as a way to implement mobility in a V2V scenario simulation?
I'm interested in using it, and would like to get a clear overview on how to use "VeinsInetMobility" and whether or not using "VeinsInetManager" can be or not a viable option for my project.

Best regards,
Bruno Vieira

Christoph Sommer

Jan 2, 2019, 3:31:01 PM1/2/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
On 2 Jan 2019, at 12:03, bruno vieira <brunov...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any documentation or examples on how to use "veins_inet" as a way to implement mobility in a V2V scenario simulation?

Example code is included with Veins. See here for an online copy:

https://github.com/sommer/veins/tree/veins-5a1/subprojects/veins_inet/examples/veins_inet

To quickly try things out, there is a Virtual Machine image (for Oracle VirtualBox, VMWare, or similar applications) available for download at http://veins.car2x.org/download/