Single LTE cell, how to set communication range

Jiadong Yao

Mar 28, 2018, 4:50:39 PM3/28/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I am using simuLTE module in OMNeT++. The simulation goal would be that the UE has communication with eNB within a certain distance but no communication when UE leaves out of the communication range.

I would like to know how to set up the communication range or how to change any of the simuLTE code in order to achieve my goal.

Regarding the picture, the ue can only have data communication within the circle. Once it stays outside of the circle, the communication stops. Is it possible to simulate this situation? Any idea is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ROCHETTE Andy

Mar 29, 2018, 4:32:31 AM3/29/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I dont know this simuLTE project, but if it has the same structure than others :

In your radio module, you have a parameter "communicationRange", in my project, looks like this :
*.host[*].wlan[*].radio.transmitter.communicationRange = 200m

And a parameter in your visualizer to print this communicationRange:
*.visualizer.mediumVisualizer.displayCommunicationRanges = true

Check this usefull tutorial :
https://inet.omnetpp.org/inet-tutorials//visualization/doc/

Jiadong Yao

Mar 29, 2018, 11:08:49 AM3/29/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for your reply.

Indeed for wireless hosts, the communication range can be easily set. But in the simuLTE module, I did not find any parameters to set the range.
I suppose that there is no such setting. As the UE gets the poor signal, the handover is executed and the UE is assigned to another eNB to get better signal strength.

I am thinking to implement it myself. So under the condition that the UE moves out of the communication range, the communication between UE and eNB shall be stopped.

But I have no idea how to stop the communication. After reading through the code, I am not able to find the point where I could stop the communication.