MANET simple communication

Maze Runner

May 15, 2020, 2:42:41 AM5/15/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi everyone,
   I want to create simple Mobile ad-hoc network, where nodes send messages to each other (a string for example .. not a ping), and the receiving node shows its ID and prints a message.
   I searched before that, and I know about INET, but, how to get Neighbors, or how to add ".cc" files and declare messages is what I found as struggles,
   Examples that are in INET don't contain ".cc" files where I can code algorithms to my project.
Please, if someone has a simple code I can learn from, share it with me,
Thanks in advance, ;)

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 15, 2020, 3:54:42 AM5/15/20
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The code and the examples are separated in omnet, in inet the source code is in the src directory, you can use the udp source like reference.

src/inet/applications/udpapp

The aodv protocol runs in inet 4.x like an udp application and it implements a hello protocol to discover the neigbours nodes, you can use also this code like reference
src/int/routing/adov

May 15, 2020, 6:32:19 AM5/15/20
to OMNeT++ Users
The problem is, I don't understand the most of it, that's why I'm looking for a simple ready project that I can learn from, edit, add and so on, ...
I worked before with omnet++, but I'm new with INET framework,
For example, in AODV, I want to add code file '.cc' and say in handleMessage(cMessage *msg), if sender was host[i] do this and that, .... and show neighbors of each node,,
I dunno if it's clear now or not :|