TSN Framework - Traffic Shaping - Queueing irregularity

Ahmed Hasan Ansari

Nov 25, 2022, 11:08:06 AM11/25/22
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi team,
I am working on the traffic shaping algorithms present in the TSN framework of INET 4.4. I am trying to use the Credit Based Shaper. Currently, I am making use of the Credit Based Shaper showcase (Credit-Based Shaping — INET 4.4.0 documentation (omnetpp.org) and trying to add a new class of traffic meaning changing the classes from 2 to 3. However, I have observed that when I add all necessary parameters, the queue of the third class does not get populated in the switch. (*.switch.eth[*].macLayer.queue) It still only shows only 2 queues. Has anyone encountered a similar issue and are there any suggestions?
I can share the code, but I have not added anything other than just adding new apps, queues etc.

Regards,
Ahmed Hasan Ansari

syed tasnimul

Nov 28, 2022, 10:49:58 AM11/28/22
to OMNeT++ Users
have you changed to
 macLayer.queue.numTrafficClasses = 3  ?

Ahmed Hasan Ansari

Nov 29, 2022, 3:45:55 AM11/29/22
to OMNeT++ Users
Yes I did and also other parameters.

Ahmed Hasan Ansari

Nov 29, 2022, 9:51:17 AM11/29/22
to OMNeT++ Users
I have figured out the issue. The pcp fields need to be configured properly so that streams are encoded/decoded appropriately. It is working now.