How to Calculate statistics PDR, Delay ,Broadcast Success rate For Protocol works in Phy Layer ,Link Layer using OMNET 5.0,VEINS 4.4?

Hanadi Darwisho

Jul 5, 2022, 9:55:21 PM7/5/22
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, I'm  working on Data dissemination protocols such us DV-CAST....I have  a question.
What are The Programming instructions that can be written in omnet.ini file or .ned file for calculating the statistics Packet Delivery Ratio, Delay ,Broadcast Success rate For Protocol works in Physical Layer ,Link Layer using OMNET 5.0 ,VEINS 4.4??? Please reply ...

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 6, 2022, 7:52:40 AM7/6/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The PDR and delay are obtained in the application module, in the mac and physical layer don't have sense.

Hi, I'm  working on Data dissemination protocols such us DV-CAST....I have  a question.
What are The Programming instructions that can be written in omnet.ini file or .ned file for calculating the statistics Packet Delivery Ratio, Delay ,Broadcast Success rate For Protocol works in Physical Layer ,Link Layer using OMNET 5.0 ,VEINS 4.4??? Please reply ...

yu Toe

Jul 9, 2022, 8:49:42 PM7/9/22
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello, you mean that DV-CAST can be implemented with veins and PDR statistics, etc., without inet, if you can reply, thank you very much

Hanadi Darwisho

Jul 11, 2022, 1:12:08 PM7/11/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Hello,Yes .I implement DV-CAST protocol with veins only and without inet .I know that The statistics can be gotten at app layer ,but I ask about if there are math instructions I can write them for getting pdr,delay,broadcast success rate .I think that I must do several steps to get pdr ,delay,broadcast success rate ...thanks ...

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 12, 2022, 4:24:24 AM7/12/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You will need to modify the source code, and the broadcast success, I don’t have clear how you want to measure it. The sender doesn’t know if the packet arrives, and some nodes can receive it and others cannot, it is possible to cheat, but first, you will need to know the set of nodes that can receive the broadcast, and later, check one by one if everyone has received the data. Using the signal mechanism is relatively easy to implement. It is possible to implement, yes, it is easy to implement no, and you will need to “cheat”, implement mechanisms that cannot work in a real-life network.

.

Enviado desde Correo para Windows

Enviado: Monday, July 11, 2022 7:11:42 PM
Para: omn...@googlegroups.com <omn...@googlegroups.com>

Hanadi Darwisho

Jul 12, 2022, 7:04:22 AM7/12/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your response ...I will try to do it ...

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Hanadi Darwisho

Jul 12, 2022, 3:25:54 PM7/12/22
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,I know that if I wanted to calculate broadcast success rate ,then It must that there is one of  broadcast suppression mechanisms ,here my code discusses the state (if !MDC),then We will not apply directly broadcast suppression, there is wait time and store of messages in delayedRB queue and after that send messages .I study this  protocol in area in USA,Chicago  or In USA ,Miami ,so there is Highways in many areas ...
I use the tool Gatcomsumo for getting on files that belong to highway that I study it (highway located in USA,Chicago or  highway located in USA,Miami).I will study the protocol in one of two areas according to their time ....international time
thanks you very much for your responses ...