Having problems making a SUMO simulation work for omnet++

Gustavo Azevedo Correa

Jul 18, 2019, 6:44:53 PM7/18/19
to OMNeT++ Users
     I'm currently using ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS sumo 0.32.0 veins 4.7.1 and omnet++ 5.3.
     I've searched for means to make a sumo simulation different from the erlangen example work. Until this point what i have found was modifying the erlangen.launchd.xml file to make it run my simulation and running "sudo python sumo-launchd.py -vv -c /home/gustavo/Downloads/sumo-0.32.0/bin/ ". However, everytime i tried to run it a message saying it lost connection appeared, so i tried creating a poly.xml archive with nothing in it (because i didn't want any buildings or something like that in the simulation) and it didn't work. I looked into the linux terminal and saw a message saying there was no sumo.cfg archive in the sumo-0.32.0/bin folder (i don't understand why it should, there is no .sumo.cfg archive from the erlangen example on that folder too), so i copied all the archives for the simulation (.net .rou .sumo.cfg and .poly) into the folder and tried again. This problem was solved but another showed up in the terminal: "<status>Could not start SUMO (/home/gustavo/Downloads/sumo-0.32.0/bin/ -c simulation.sumo.cfg): [Errno 13] Permission denied</status>". I tried running it the command with sudo but it didn't solved it.
     Does anyone know how to make it work or another way of making my own sumo simulation work in omnet++?
Screenshot from 2019-07-18 19-36-31.png
Screenshot from 2019-07-18 18-15-50.png

Christoph Sommer

Jul 21, 2019, 2:53:25 PM7/21/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
On 19 Jul 2019, at 00:44, Gustavo Azevedo Correa <gua...@usp.br> wrote:

> I've searched for means to make a sumo simulation different from the erlangen example work. Until this point what i have found was modifying the erlangen.launchd.xml file to make it run my simulation and running "sudo python sumo-launchd.py -vv -c /home/gustavo/Downloads/sumo-0.32.0/bin/ "

Modifying the .launchd.xml file is the right way to go (it defines how to launch SUMO, e.g., what network to load).

The second step (running launchd differently) is not needed and likely what is giving you troubles (the -c option specifies the command to run for launching SUMO, but you supply a directory name here).

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

Gustavo Azevedo Correa

Jul 22, 2019, 7:28:14 PM7/22/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I used "sudo python sumo-launchd.py -vv -c /home/gustavo/Downloads/sumo-
0.32.0/bin/
" because the veins tutorial told me to, what is the correct way to run it?
Thank you for helping,
Gustavo

Gustavo Azevedo Correa

Jul 22, 2019, 9:53:11 PM7/22/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Forget it, i'm dumber than bricks
Thank you

Gustavo Azevedo Correa

Jul 23, 2019, 1:31:40 AM7/23/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Sorry still bothering you but after fixing that problem, I'm having another one. I changed the launchd archive but i think i need to change another thing. When I run the .ini archive from the erlangen example it gives me an error message saying "attempted to read past end of byte bufffer -- in module (Veins::TraCIScenarioManagerLaunchd) RSUExampleScenario.manager(id=6),at t=0s, event #1". I'm running Sumo 0.32.0 Omnet++ 5.3 and Veins 4.7.1, I'm uploading a photo of my arquives for simulation and the error message.

Em domingo, 21 de julho de 2019 15:53:25 UTC-3, Christoph Sommer escreveu:
Screenshot from 2019-07-23 02-30-51.png
Screenshot from 2019-07-23 02-21-55.png

Christoph Sommer

Jul 23, 2019, 4:41:36 AM7/23/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

It might be helpful to check the output of SUMO and of sumo-launchd.py as well. Maybe one or both crashed.

For detailed steps, see "What happened? My simulation crashed." in the Veins FAQ <http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/faq/>

Best,

Christoph