Need inputs

Chaithanya Dhanun

Jul 5, 2022, 11:26:10 AM7/5/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I need to understand below.

1. Why my simulation with time as 500s is running for hours.

2. What is the purpose of repetition in .ini file

3. I have a parameter Packetin in .ini to be recorded in .sca. But i didn't see that parameter in results.

Can some one help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Chaithanya

Gouse Ki Diwani Mubeena

Jul 5, 2022, 11:32:21 AM7/5/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Good Evening,
Upto my knowledge I am answering these questions
1. 500s simulation taking much time means check visualizer settings in ur .ini file if all those were set to false then the simulation may speed up
2.  The purpose of repetition file is to get softer edge of the signal upto my knowledge , you can also check for this OMNET++ manuals once again

Chaithanya Dhanun

Jul 5, 2022, 12:35:04 PM7/5/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 6, 2022, 3:42:36 AM7/6/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
It depends on the number of events and the computation of the events, for example, OLSR and AODV, the OLSR needs more time to execute the same simulation, first, it generates more events than AODV, second, every time that a new packet arrives to OLSR, it computes all the paths to all the nodes of the network and the computation take some time, If you have 100 nodes, you have  nodes generating packets and for every packet, every node runs Dijkstra and this consumes time.

Jul 6, 2022, 4:14:30 AM7/6/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

Does it meant that repetition 4 with simulation time of 500s the entire scenario captured in .ini will run four times

Thanks & Regards,
Chaithanya