Error Building INET for omnet++

Noelia Pérez Palma

May 7, 2018, 8:48:43 AM5/7/18
to OMNeT++ Users

I'm working on Ubuntu and I've installed last version of simulator omnet++ 5.3. I've downloaded INET Framework 3.6.4 and after importing it on omnet++ I get an error when building it, which is:

inet/common/geometry/common/CoordinateSystem.cc:21:10: fatal error: osgEarthUtil/ObjectLocator: No such file or directory #include <osgEarthUtil/ObjectLocator> ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ compilation terminated. make[1]: *** [../out/gcc-release/src/inet/common/geometry/common/CoordinateSystem.o] Error 1 Makefile:1330: recipe for target '../out/gcc-release/src/inet/common/geometry/common/CoordinateSystem.o' failed make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/noelia/Downloads/inet/src' Makefile:6: recipe for target 'all' failed make: *** [all] Error 2

Do you know why this is happening? or if it is a problem about versions? How can I include the missing file?

ROCHETTE Andy

May 7, 2018, 10:12:56 AM5/7/18
to OMNeT++ Users

You have  :
#include <osgEarthUtil/ObjectLocator

Try :

#include <osgEarthUtil/ObjectLocator.h>
 ?

Noelia Pérez Palma

May 7, 2018, 10:50:48 AM5/7/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for the help, I tried but it is still not working...I will probably try to install an older version of omnetpp

Attila Török

May 7, 2018, 11:01:00 AM5/7/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi!

An older version of OMNeT++ definitely won't help. This is an issue with INET, and the fact that it uses a part of the osgEarth API which is no longer present in the 2.9 version, which is included in Ubuntu 18.04.
See: https://github.com/inet-framework/inet/issues/314 and https://github.com/inet-framework/inet/issues/321

You can try any of the following tips:
- If you don't need it, disable osgEarth integration in OMNeT++ and rebuild it
- Backport the mentioned commit onto the 3.6.x branch of INET
- Use INET directly from the git repository, on the integration branch (it already includes the fix)
- Install osgEarth 2.7 somehow and use that (possibly by using an older Ubuntu release)
- Wait for the next 3.99.x or 4.0 INET release

You (collectively) could perhaps try looking for you problem among the reported issues on GitHub, as it might already have been reported, just like in this case.

Attila

Noelia Pérez Palma

May 8, 2018, 1:41:25 PM5/8/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi! thank you very much for the help and the tips. Just in case it can help anyone else I finally got to solve the problem by this answer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50212616/error-building-inet-in-omnet/50217982#50217982

Basically, there are 4 files that need to be changed according to the post on the answer above, and then INET can be built successfully!!! (INET 3.99.3,  omnet++ 5.3, Ubuntu 18.04)

Taniah288

Mar 23, 2019, 1:48:49 AM3/23/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi.

I am working on OMNET 5.0 in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS version. While building INET 3.4 an error is shown. Please see the attach pic and guide me on this where I am going wrong
eroor.jpg

Sdn Mer

Mar 23, 2019, 12:58:56 PM3/23/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hii
i need code source about any protocols in wireless sensor network in omnet++.
thanks.