Omnet++ takes the SUMO traffic light control mechanism via Veins?

Radha Reddy

Sep 25, 2019, 4:56:55 AM9/25/19
to OMNeT++ Users

I am new to Omnet++, and using SUMO via Veins. My doubt is if the Omnet++ takes the traffic light control mechanism implemented in SUMO via veins. If so, how can port it, is there any lead?

Christoph Sommer

Sep 25, 2019, 8:17:59 AM9/25/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Radha Reddy wrote:

> My doubt is if the Omnet++ takes the traffic light control mechanism implemented in SUMO via veins

Vehicle movement in Veins is governed by SUMO. If a vehicle in SUMO stops (e.g., because of a traffic light), it will stop in Veins as well.

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

Radha Reddy

Sep 25, 2019, 9:20:34 AM9/25/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Christoph,

Many thanks for your kind response.

The Tlc logic for my scenario in SUMO is attached.

In Veins, I can only see the last Tlc program logic.

How can I use all tlc programs?

gridCrossTlcs.xml

Christoph Sommer

Sep 25, 2019, 1:45:59 PM9/25/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Radha Reddy wrote:

> How can I use all tlc programs?

this looks very similar to what is being done here:

https://github.com/sommer/veins/blob/veins-5a2/subprojects/veins_testsims/src/veins_testsims/traci/TraCITestApp.cc#L736

The code is operating on the following traffic light definitions:

https://github.com/sommer/veins/blob/veins-5a2/subprojects/veins_testsims/sim/veins_testsims/traci/tls.tls.xml#L47

From what I can tell, the code is extracting the first phase of the last program of a given logic and the test seems to work okay.