SimuLTE - Support for X2 communications is available

Giovanni Nardini

Mar 9, 2015, 12:01:07 PM3/9/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

the SimuLTE team is glad to announce that support to X2 communications is finally available for SimuLTE!
The repository is available at: https://github.com/inet-framework/simulte

We implemented a general model to enable the exchange of any type of information among eNodeBs. The model allows users to easily add new type of messages and modules that exploit X2 interface.
The core functionalities are implemented by:
- X2 application modules that provide peering communication with another eNodeB;
- an X2 manager, acting as a bridge between the LTE NIC and the X2 application modules.

Users can define their own modules and connect them to the X2 Manager, which is responsible for delivering messages to the peering eNodeB. X2 messages are composed by a list of X2 Information Elements and new messages can be easily defined by extending the base class.

We also provide an example module: the LteCompManager. It implements a simple CoMP Coordinated Scheduling algorithm where eNodeBs exchange scheduling information through the X2 interface. You can use it as a reference to understand how to develop your own modules.
For further information, see the readme file included in the x2 simulation folder, where you can find some test scenarios.

The eNodeB module has been improved, adding the following modules:
- a vector of PPP interfaces for X2 communications;
- a network layer, connected to all available interfaces (new NIC could be added, e.g. WiFi?);
- TCP and UDP transport layers, so as it would be possible to run TCP/UDP applications inside the eNodeB;
- SCTP transport layer for X2 communication;
- a vector of LteX2App modules connected to the SCTP layer and to the LTE NIC;
- a LteNicEnbX2, which extends the LteNicEnb module by adding the LteX2Manager module (and the LteCompManager module).

We would like to encourage you to provide us feedback and suggestions.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!

Best Regards.

The SimuLTE authors

Varga, András

Mar 9, 2015, 4:55:58 PM3/9/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giovanni,

This is a great achievement, congratulations to the team!

Andras

Boushra Jaber

Jul 25, 2015, 6:22:09 AM7/25/15
to OMNeT++ Users, and...@omnetpp.org
Hi,
I do a simulate on Omnet++ 4.4.1 with INWTMANET2.0 framework.
I want to ask if Simul TE can help me to test the QOE and QOS of the video.

please help me.

Giovanni Nardini

Jul 27, 2015, 5:09:24 AM7/27/15
to OMNeT++ Users, and...@omnetpp.org, boushra...@gmail.com
Hi,

SimuLTE allows to simulate various types of applications over LTE networks.
It already includes some models like VoIP or Video-on-Demand, but you can also use any other UDP/TCP OMNeT++ application, e.g. those provided by the INET framework.

I hope this answer your question.

Best regards.
Giovanni

Mahfuzulhoq Chowdhury

Jan 13, 2016, 6:32:23 PM1/13/16
to OMNeT++ Users, and...@omnetpp.org, boushra...@gmail.com
Hi is it possible to design task allocation for multi robot networks in omnet

VICTOR HUGO LAZARO LOPES

Sep 17, 2023, 10:56:46 AM9/17/23
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello guys,

When dealing with the CoMP application/solution available in simu5g, how can I consider different delays in obtaining data (CoMP hypotheses) from the gNBs that make up the cluster (CoMP set) by the anchor gNB (CoMP Coordinator)?
Is there any parameter to change the time for the CoMP coordinator to receive such data?

Best regards.
VH