IDE Crash - Java Application Error - macOS 10.13.3

C. Drew

Feb 7, 2018, 10:21:16 PM2/7/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello all!

I've a rather strange problem. I've just installed OMNET++ 5.2.1 on macOS 10.13.3 (High Sierra).

When running the Aloha demo from the terminal, everything works fine. The graphics are great, everything responds great, and the output on closing works too.

However, when I try to run the IDE (omnetpp command in the terminal), I receive an error message every time:

"An error has occurred.
See the log file /Users/(redacted)/omnetpp-5.2.1/samples/.metadata/.log."

The message occurs immediately after selecting the working directory (which I left at the default samples suggestion).

Upon checking the log file, I am greeted with hundreds of lines about eclipse and Java errors.
(Instead of flooding this post, they are attached in the "log.txt" file)

I have followed the installation manual to the letter.
Specifically, yes I have installed the Apple-linked Java Runtime, the Java.com JRE, the gdb (and signed it),
and made sure the ./configure and make commands ran without any errors.
I have also checked that there are no spaces anywhere in the full path.

I'm at a total loss here and growing desperate. Searching didn't give me much. Any tips or help?

(with no fix)
log.txt