A "File does not exist. Ignoring: IDE" warning each time OMNeT++ is opened

Vincent Gao

Apr 28, 2017, 1:57:50 AM4/28/17
to OMNeT++ Users

As shown in the graph, there is a "File does not exist. Ignoring: IDE" warning message each time omnetpp is opened, which is a bit annoying, and I don't know why. Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks.

OS: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

OMNeT++ version: 5.1.

Rudolf Hornig

Apr 29, 2017, 12:31:12 PM4/29/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Do you start the IDE from the shell? The string "OMNeT++ IDE" is passed to the IDE as a window title and probably it tries to treat it as a file name (i.e. the second word IDE). You may look into the ide/omnetpp.ini file  and play around with the parameters. probably the string is not properly quoted?

Vincent Gao

Apr 29, 2017, 3:44:38 PM4/29/17
to OMNeT++ Users
I start the IDE from the launder. I put quotes around the "OMNeT++ IDE" (-name) in omnetpp.ini as suggested. Now the warning has disappeared. Thanks for the tip.

Rudolf Hornig

May 3, 2017, 10:54:14 AM5/3/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Strange. Those quotes are stripped from the name somewhere along the build process. The original IDE sources still contain the quotes but the final product does not. I will take a look and fix it for the next version.