3D WIMAX SIMULATION PROJECT

michel TSHODI

Jun 30, 2019, 5:03:40 PM6/30/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi everybody!
I'm still really new in Omnet ++.
I have already managed to realize small projects like the TicToc, ... and I'm still looking for myself.
I would like to simulate a 802.16e project with OMNET ++ but I lack light.

The project consists of a 3D simulation with the Google Maps of the City in the background.
Simulation consists of generating mobile devices and moving a pylon to the point where the device maximum is connected.
I would also like to know if it is possible to determine in the simulation the maximum number of users that can be supported in the network, since it seems to me that OMNET ++ does not specify the type and series of equipments during the simulation. .
The goal is to answer the following questions:
1. How many nodes can connect simultaneously without impacting the performance of the Base Station?
2. What is the ideal point for coverage with a single Base Station? (based on the map).
These projects (https://youtu.be/tvlC7Adgeis and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjxVS9ExoI0) appear to be a good start point but not very explicit.
If possible, can someone give me an idea about how to carry out this simulation project?

Thanks in advance!

Rudolf Hornig

Jul 1, 2019, 5:22:59 AM7/1/19
to OMNeT++ Users
The 3D stuff and is quite feasible and you can also run various scenarios to determine optimal load (I suggest also take a look at the 'aloha' example in the samples directory). I suggest to take a look at INET Framework, because that is what was meant to support network simulation. A good starting point is the INET wireless showcases: https://inet.omnetpp.org/docs/showcases/wireless/index.html or the INET wireless tutorial:  https://inet.omnetpp.org/docs/tutorials/wireless/doc/index.html

The main pain point is that I'm not aware of any decent 802.16e model for OMNeT++. OMNeT++ has a decent WiFi model, but 802.16e was never so popular that someone wrote a model for it...

michel TSHODI

Jul 4, 2019, 6:45:53 AM7/4/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello Rudolph and Thanks for your answer.
I will take a tour and give you a feed-back.

michel TSHODI

Jul 5, 2019, 6:05:30 PM7/5/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hellu Rudolph,
I have take a tour on your tutorials, but not helpful.
However, the aloha sample is very helpful.
So, how to change the background and define differently the simulation scenario, rather than unicast to the antenna.

Regards,