Changing bitrate /datarate in Simu5G

Antonis Balios

Jan 25, 2023, 11:36:39 AM1/25/23
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello all,
Is there any chance that someone knows how to change the bitrate?

Because in all simulations that I run, even if I changed the frequency and distance, I always get the same "cbrGeneratedThroughput:mean" = 50 Bps and "cbrReceivedThroughput:mean" = 49.950 Bps.

Is there any limitation or somewhere I can change the bitrate?

Thank you in advance.
Antonios

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jan 26, 2023, 5:07:14 AM1/26/23
to omn...@googlegroups.com
You can change the source parameters, packet size and time between packets.

Jan 26, 2023, 2:18:28 PM1/26/23
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alfonso and thank you for the reply.
Packet size is in the .ini file, so I can change it.
What about the time between packets?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jan 26, 2023, 2:30:52 PM1/26/23
to omn...@googlegroups.com
you can also modify the sendInterval

For example, Poisson distribution with a mean of 10 packets per second.

**.sendInterval  = exponential​​(0.1s)

Enviado: jueves, 26 de enero de 2023 20:18
Para: omn...@googlegroups.com <omn...@googlegroups.com>
Asunto: Re: [Omnetpp-l] Changing bitrate /datarate in Simu5G

Antonis Balios

Jan 26, 2023, 2:43:26 PM1/26/23
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Should I include this in the .ini file?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jan 26, 2023, 2:45:13 PM1/26/23
to omn...@googlegroups.com
yes

Enviado: jueves, 26 de enero de 2023 20:43

victor hugo lopes

Jan 29, 2023, 7:05:12 AM1/29/23
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello.

Here go one simple example:

*.server.app[*].PacketSize = 500
#*.server.app[*].sampling_time = 0.001s
*.server.app[*].sampling_time = 0.001s

I think you should also note that the rate may be limited by channel capacity.

Best regards.
Victor Hugo

Sunkanmi Kamoru

Jan 29, 2023, 10:50:59 AM1/29/23
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Good day sir,  I am a final year student and I am working on the simulation of both overtaking manoeuvre and lane departure warning system. This is my first time working with omnetpp and I am getting a little confuse.  I would be grateful if I can get like a tutorial video or source code to follow on how to complete build the system. Thank you and would be looking forward to hearing from you soon.