Is it possible to introduce Human vehicles among Autonomous vehicles in Veins?

Radha Reddy

Oct 14, 2019, 3:24:09 AM10/14/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello, I am new to Omnet++/Veins, as my work relevant to mixed human and autonomous vehicles coexisting together. Is it possible to introduce human vehicles in Veins/Omnet++, meaning that, one car following model represents autonomous vehicles while the other human vehicles as in SUMO. So that, only autonomous vehicles exchange messages while human vehicles follow traffic light signals to cross the intersection.

Christoph Sommer

Oct 14, 2019, 10:43:21 AM10/14/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Radha Reddy wrote:

> Is it possible to introduce human vehicles in Veins/Omnet++

AFAIK Nico is using Veins to do this. His Github repo is here:

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

Stefan Schuhbaeck

Oct 15, 2019, 10:38:35 AM10/15/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Nico did this for his bachelor thesis. I am currently working on some clean ups to fix the issues you mentioned in his pullrequest #148 [1].
I hope I can make it public soon (~4week if nothing goes wrong).

Best Regards,
Stefan
--
Stefan Schuhbäck
Hochschule München / Munich University of Applied Sciences

Walaa Afifi

Oct 15, 2019, 11:28:45 AM10/15/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I calculated rssi from reception
class in physical layer inet
I use veins inet sub project
When I add power model in omnet.ini
Rssi become constant . I don't know what is the problem
 Please help me

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019, 9:24 AM Radha Reddy <radha.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I am new to Omnet++/Veins, as my work relevant to mixed human and autonomous vehicles coexisting together. Is it possible to introduce human vehicles in Veins/Omnet++, meaning that, one car following model represents autonomous vehicles while the other human vehicles as in SUMO. So that, only autonomous vehicles exchange messages while human vehicles follow traffic light signals to cross the intersection.

Radha Reddy

Oct 21, 2019, 4:24:17 AM10/21/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Christoph, and Stefan,

Many thanks for your kind information.

Please drop me a message when the issues are resolved.

Regards
Radha