Problems with libinet.dll while trying to set up Omnet++ 4.2.2 for OverSim

Chemitryst

Oct 8, 2018, 6:18:25 AM10/8/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello guys,

I am completly new to Omnet and all relating things. For my Bachelor Thesis I need to get find a way to simulate DHTs, specifically Kademlia, and be able to make changes to how they behave. My mentor told me to use Omnet with the OverSim Framework. For the last weeks I have tried to get it running, but it now fails on starting OverSim with the Error Message:

OverSim.exe - System Error
The program can't start because libinet.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Now the thing is, my Inet does have libinet.dll in its directory. I have build both through MINGW32 and then again through the Omnet IDE.

I am running this whole Setup on a Oracle VirtualBox VM with Win 7 Ultimate (en_windows_7_ultimate_x64-dvd.iso).
Any help is highly apreciated! Thanks in advance.