Begginers struggle with implementing generator into omnetpp.

Maurice

Nov 25, 2018, 3:42:13 PM11/25/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi everyone!
I'm trying to implement into omnet this code http://research.glenkramer.com/code/trf_gen3.shtml#_list it's simple self-similar traffic generator. What I need is simple module probably one source that has this generator and some kind of reciever. Yes I'm a total newbie with this simulator. I'm currently working at my engineering diploma and I'll be so thankful for anyone who will help me with this. I checked tutorials on youtube / did multiple times the tictoc tutorial but It's just not working. I simply implemented those headers and .cpp file, created a network as above and well I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks for any help!

Alexander Schell

Feb 2, 2020, 11:22:31 AM2/2/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Maurice, were you able to solve your problem?

I am in a similar situation right now. Currently I would like to implement my own traffic generator. However I don't know where/how to start...

Regards, Alex

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Feb 2, 2020, 3:27:36 PM2/2/20
to Alexander Schell, OMNeT++ Users
UDPBasicBurst source, in inet, can generate this type of traffic