Veins not working in Omnet 5.

Ammar moin

May 5, 2018, 5:38:17 PM5/5/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I have Omnet 5.0, veins 4.6. I am trying to import veins in Omnet and trying to run the example of veins as instructed in tutorial http://veins.car2x.org/tutorial/ .
  • I have imported in samples and when build the project I get the error"Error refreshing Makefiles Reason: Cannot parse /veins/.oppbuildspec ".
  • When Run as >Omnet Simulator I get error " Cannot launch simulation: no execution found in project veins. To specify a shared library to be run with opp_run, open RUN|RUN Confg".
I have tried possible solutions but could not pass that.
changing (Folder: veins-4.6 to veins) and many more.

Are there any other solutions?
Kindly help me with these problem.

Michael Kirsche

May 5, 2018, 6:17:32 PM5/5/18
to OMNeT++ Users
From the Changelog of Veins 4.6: "Requires OMNeT++ 5.1.1"
Your OMNeT version is too old.

Ammar moin

May 5, 2018, 6:33:05 PM5/5/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for the reply,
I had worked on Omnet 5.1.1 and 5.2.1 and I was still getting that error so I have shifted to 5.0.
and for additional info I am working on windows 10.
My colleague had Omenet 4.0 installed on windows 10 and his project was running.
Now I am trying to work with veins 3.0. Hope it will work.
I am trying to get hold on Omnet 4.0.
If I install windows 7 x86, will veins 4.6 be running on Omnet 5+.

Christoph Sommer

May 6, 2018, 6:16:56 AM5/6/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Ammar moin wrote:

> If I install windows 7 x86, will veins 4.6 be running on Omnet 5+.

If installing Veins is giving you any problems, you might want to give Instant Veins a try. It's a virtual appliance of Veins that has all required software already included. You can find its description and download links at http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/instant-veins/

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

Ammar moin

May 8, 2018, 1:00:39 PM5/8/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Prof. Christoph thanks for all the concern. I have downloaded instant veins but dont know how to use it.. as other veins have tutorials but instant dont have that specific.
Can you specify any link for tutorials?
 Thanks in advance for you reply.

Christoph Sommer

May 8, 2018, 1:07:03 PM5/8/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Ammar moin wrote:

> I have downloaded instant veins but dont know how to use it..

there's a video on http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/instant-veins/

It graphically shows how to install, set up, and boot the machine. Then, it shows how to start OMNeT++ and the Veins example simulation.

Ammar moin

May 8, 2018, 1:14:03 PM5/8/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks alot...

min wang

May 12, 2019, 6:53:43 AM5/12/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Today I get the same problem as follow:
error"Error refreshing Makefiles Reason: Cannot parse /veins/.oppbuildspec ".
Anyone knows how to solve it?

在 2018年5月6日星期日 UTC+8上午5:38:17,Ammar moin写道:

Eduardo Cooper

May 12, 2019, 11:08:40 AM5/12/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Your OmNet++ and Veins versions might not be compatible, furthermore, your SUMO version might not be compatible either with those two. Check this answer to see if it applies to you: