mixim: get RSSI in MAC layer in BMAC protocol

Megh Piyon

Feb 27, 2017, 7:42:58 AM2/27/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I am using mixim 2.3 and OMNeT++ 4.6. I would like to get the RSSI value in the mac layer, which I cannot do. Can someone please help me regarding this?  I am not using the new INET because all my codes are developed in mixim.

After a detailed search in the forum, I found two links that gives some information regarding this. Still I cannot solve this problem.

Link1: User levent okcu  wrote on 3/4/12

my answer was incomplete... if u're working in the netw layer u can
use MacToNetwControlInfo to get rssi in mixim.

void NetwLayer::handleLowerMsg(cMessage* msg)

    WsnPkt *m = check_and_cast<WsnPkt *>(msg);
    double rssi = static_cast<MacToNetwControlInfo*>(m-
>getControlInfo())->getRSSI();

Link2:   User Khan wrote on 2/21/11

cPacket *csma::decapsMsg(MacPkt * macPkt) {
cPacket * msg = macPkt->decapsulate();
MacToNetwControlInfo* info = new MacToNetwControlInfo(macPkt->getSrcAddr());
msg->setControlInfo(info);

PhyToMacControlInfo* cinfo = static_cast<PhyToMacControlInfo*> (macPkt->getControlInfo());
const DeciderResult802154Narrow* result = static_cast<const DeciderResult802154Narrow*> (cinfo->getDeciderResult());
ev<<result->getRSSI()<<"\n";

return msg;
}

It is very urgent for me. Please someone help me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Megh