How to add attack nodes in Veins?

Alia

Mar 13, 2019, 4:56:16 AM3/13/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Greeting All,

I want to simulate DDoS attack in Veins, where some vehicles (attackers) attack the RSU (victim).

 Is that possible in Veins ? and which files should I modify to achieve that? or any recommended tool to achieve that?

Also, How can I get the log of Veins scenario?

Thanks in advance

Christoph Sommer

Mar 13, 2019, 10:16:29 AM3/13/19
to OMNeT++ Users
On 13 Mar 2019, at 09:56, Alia <alia5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to simulate DDoS attack in Veins, where some vehicles (attackers) attack the RSU (victim).
>
> Is that possible in Veins ?

Veins contains all the necessary simulation modules to write such an application. If I understand your goal correctly, you would want to write an application that simply broadcasts a lot of data when it is close to the RSU.

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

Alia

Mar 13, 2019, 10:22:52 AM3/13/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, exactly this is my goal. Can you help me with more detail how can I do that? Can i edit veins example or should I write a new one ?

Thanks for your time,
Alia

Christoph Sommer

Mar 13, 2019, 10:47:29 AM3/13/19
to OMNeT++ Users
On 13 Mar 2019, at 15:22, Alia <alia5...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you help me with more detail how can I do that? Can i edit veins example or should I write a new one ?

If you want to learn how to use Veins, you will have an easier time if you simply modify the Veins tutorial example. Change the behavior of the application (e.g., how it reacts to received messages, when certain events are scheduled, ...), change the network, change the road traffic, ...). If you are unsure which parts are stored in which files, you might want to do the OMNeT++ TicToc tutorial, which explains how the contents of files translate to different behavior of the simulation.

If you feel confident in your knowledge of C++, OMNeT++, and Veins, you will get much cleaner results if you put your code in a separate project that links against Veins as an external dependency. I would not consider this to be a good place to start, though.