Where should I report website and tutorial bugs?

cpnogueira

Oct 2, 2017, 11:25:44 AM10/2/17
to OMNeT++ Users
I was going through the tutorial and I found some inconsistencies that I'd like to report. For example, in the Tic-Toc tutorial, part 4, Section 4.1, it correctly says that the simulation would end after the message reaches node 3. However, in the build I'm using (Version: 5.1.1, build: 170508-adbabd0) the source code is correct, but the comment says that the simulation will finish when the message reaches module 2. I'm not sure if it was already corrected on the testing version... I could not find anything related on the bugtrack system, not I was sure if there should be the proper place to report it since it is not really related to the already provided categories (maybe documentation?).

So, can somebody help me where (or even if) should I report these small bugs?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Kirsche

Oct 3, 2017, 6:56:18 AM10/3/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for pointing out these issues.
I suggest to report them in the OMNeT bugtracker and use the categories documentation or examples in case the issue lies within the source code of the TicToc tutorial.

As for the website, there is no bugtracker or issue reporting system available, so posting it under the OMNeT bugtracker might be an option, but the "connection" to an OMNeT issue is not really there, I'll try to raise the issue with the website admin.

Carolina Nogueira

Oct 3, 2017, 10:01:19 AM10/3/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Thank you for your reply. Ironically, I'm not able to signup for a new account. It has a visual captcha, that, by checking on the browser developer inspector, is not able to load the image. I've tried with a Debian and Ubuntu with Firefox as well as Chromium. I also tried to use the token directly, but I think probably it needs the text generated on the image by the token... I think I kind of just triggered a chain of bugs :-)

Attila Török

Oct 4, 2017, 4:48:14 AM10/4/17
to OMNeT++ Users
You should be able to create an account in the bugtracker now.
Thank you for your efforts!

Attila

Rudolf Hornig

Oct 4, 2017, 5:07:46 AM10/4/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks, I have disabled the captcha on the bugtracker for now. Removed the reference for the old archive (we no longer maintain that in a directly searchable form.)

As for the tic-toc tutorial bug. Tha tutorial is still a part of the OMNeT++ repo (but we will soon move it to a separate project, along with some new omnet related tutorials, so it will have it's own github bugtracker). Thanks a lot for pointing out these. Until then pleas esubmit the tutorial bog in the main omnetpp bugtacker.

Rudolf

Carolina Nogueira

Oct 4, 2017, 6:16:23 AM10/4/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Thank you guys, everything is working just fine.