omnet download

Fatih Koç

Jun 27, 2024, 7:18:23 AM (11 days ago) Jun 27
to OMNeT++ Users
https://doc.omnetpp.org/omnetpp/InstallGuide.pdf

I follow above link for ubuntu installation of omnet but from 6.3 command line installation (reqired packaged) I face all error?
Is this not updated?
and I can not run 5.4 environment variables as well. after source setenv I did ./ configure but when I compile with make, it is not working as it described.

I also follow this youtube link.

could you help me?

BEST

Kouros Zanbouri

Jun 28, 2024, 6:14:35 AM (10 days ago) Jun 28
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

You shouldn't face any problems. In section 6.3, the commands are for installing the required packages for your Ubuntu and python libraries which should work without problem :

First command :
sudo apt-get install build-essential clang lld gdb bison flex perl \
python3 python3-pip qtbase5-dev qtchooser qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev-tools \
libqt5opengl5-dev libxml2-dev zlib1g-dev doxygen graphviz \
libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 xdg-utils

then :
python3 -m pip install --user --upgrade numpy pandas matplotlib scipy \
seaborn posix_ipc

you may skip libosgearth part because Ubuntu 22.04 no longer provides the libosgearth package so osgEarth must be installed from sources.

if you face any error, post the error so we can help you

Fatih Koç

Jun 28, 2024, 8:11:53 AM (10 days ago) Jun 28
to OMNeT++ Users

thanks for your reply. I have attached the issue coming when I make to compile OMNeT++  after configuration.

sch.png

Kouros Zanbouri

Jun 28, 2024, 8:05:35 PM (9 days ago) Jun 28
to OMNeT++ Users
Your Python modules which are required by IDE were not installed successfully.

try:
sudo python3 -m pip install --user --upgrade numpy pandas matplotlib scipy \
seaborn posix_ipc

Fatih Koç

Jul 3, 2024, 11:08:23 AM (4 days ago) Jul 3
to OMNeT++ Users
1.png

I dont understand why I face difficulties to follow the installation guide. I see this error.

Best