IDE pathing question (omnetpp command from terminal)

Manwei Chan

Jan 16, 2020, 11:41:28 AM1/16/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, I'm following the installation documents. I followed everything successfully up to running the `omnetpp` command (4.7) in the macOS chapter. I can run `./aloha` with a GUI appearing, but when I run the `omnetpp` command from the terminal I get an error stating it fails to find the main class

I believe the problem lies in the pathing, specifically the extra backslash at ".../MacOS//./Eclipse/..."

How can I change it so the software uses the correct path? While I'm at it I'll also look to get rid of the entire string "/MacOS//../" since that seems redundant.

Manwei Chan

Jan 16, 2020, 6:55:44 PM1/16/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Resolved! It was not a pathing problem. I had to download the newest Java Development version after I followed this Stack Overflow article: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40152950/omnet-ide-crash-on-mac-os-x-sierra