How to find where the simulation starts in the source code in INET

Fangyu Xu

Dec 1, 2019, 8:29:26 PM12/1/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello everyone:
I am a beginner of omnet ++, and I want to simulate the networking of static nodes in wireless sensor networks. The examples at inet / showcases / wireless / ieee802154 are very useful to me. I want to read the source code by debugging, but I cannot find Where can I set a breakpoint to start debugging, can anyone help me? thank you very much!

Mamadou Mamadou Ali

Dec 2, 2019, 3:58:33 AM12/2/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
INET is a network simulation module for omnet++, so I advise you to have some omnet++ basic here https://docs.omnetpp.org/tutorials/tictoc/. It should help you to do what you want.

Regards

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 02:29, Fangyu Xu <xufa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone:
I am a beginner of omnet ++, and I want to simulate the networking of static nodes in wireless sensor networks. The examples at inet / showcases / wireless / ieee802154 are very useful to me. I want to read the source code by debugging, but I cannot find Where can I set a breakpoint to start debugging, can anyone help me? thank you very much!

Rudolf Hornig

Dec 2, 2019, 7:35:56 AM12/2/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Setting breakpoint in the initialize() method of the simple module you are interested is a good starting point. initialize() is always called.

Fangyu Xu

Dec 2, 2019, 7:50:46 AM12/2/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I will try. thank you

Rudolf Hornig <rudolf...@gmail.com> 于2019年12月2日周一 下午8:35写道:

Fangyu Xu

Dec 2, 2019, 7:29:00 PM12/2/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help, I already know how to do it, thank you very much

Mamadou Mamadou Ali <mamadoumama...@gmail.com> 于2019年12月2日周一 下午4:58写道: