How to Implement IEEE802.11EDCA

Mourad Ouhammou

Jun 30, 2021, 6:43:16 AM6/30/21
to OMNeT++ Users
I just want to know what Framework should work and if Protocole EDCA is implemented in OMNET++?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jun 30, 2021, 6:51:21 AM6/30/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
802.11e is implemented in inet-framework

I just want to know what Framework should work and if Protocole EDCA is implemented in OMNET++?

Mourad Ouhammou

Jun 30, 2021, 7:17:37 AM6/30/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Can any one please share with me some reference about IEEE 802.11e and how use in to implement EDCA Protocole
Thanks All

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 30, 2021, 8:01:27 AM6/30/21
to OMNeT++ Users

Mourad Ouhammou

Jun 30, 2021, 1:32:42 PM6/30/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Please dear researchers ,
Is it possible in OMNET++ to show the results on therme of performance (latency,débit,energie..)under differents traffics by implementing the IEEE 802.11e EDCA protocole by adapting  various values of Contention Window parameter and see the behaviour on the network under different trafic?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jun 30, 2021, 1:42:54 PM6/30/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Latency, througput,, yes, energy doesn’t have sense. The enegy Will be similar in every experiment.

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

I just want to know what Framework should work and if Protocole EDCA is implemented in OMNET++?

Message has been deleted

Mourad Ouhammou

Jun 30, 2021, 1:51:13 PM6/30/21
to OMNeT++ Users
So i undersund that adapting CW doesn't improve the Energy consommation under different traffic? if yes why?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 1, 2021, 1:04:25 PM7/1/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The problem with the energy is how works a real actual transceiver. You can distinguish 4 basic states, transmitting, receiving, listening/scanning, and sleep. Only in the sleep state, you have a significant reduction of the consumption, but in this case, the node cannot receive or transmit. The consumption in the states transmitting, receiving, and listening are quite similar, even in some real transceivers, the peak is in the listening when the node is listening to the medium to detect and incoming transmission. In this state, the amplifiers are at the maximum with the objective of improving the sensitivity. There are many academic works that assume that the transceiver only consumes in transmission and reception, but is false, the transceiver consumes if is connected, with independence if it is transmitting, receiving, or simply waiting for an incoming transmission (the measures that we have done with some commercial transceiver for 802.15.4 show that the peak was precisely in the waiting state). Only if the transceiver is in a sleep state, you can save energy.
There is an attempt using wake-on-radio to solve the problem, but, it doesn't work outside a laboratory, the enormous electromagnetic noise that exists at the present force that the nodes are continuously awakening and sleeping

Enviado: miércoles, 30 de junio de 2021 19:51
Para: OMNeT++ Users <omn...@googlegroups.com>

Mourad Ouhammou

Jul 2, 2021, 6:49:19 AM7/2/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Pleasea Which standart of IEEE.802.11 (a,b,g) consumpte less energie and use the low throughput

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 2, 2021, 8:24:35 AM7/2/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
It is erroneous your question, all consume similarly values, the question is the distance, for a consumption what is the distance that is possible achieve.

But, you are assuming another common error, that if you transmit with lower energy, you will save energy. The problem is the electronic. If you design a hardware to transmit to a distance (for example 100 m), the consumption is similar to transmit at 50 m. Most of the energy is consumed in the polarization of the amplifiers, and if the amplifier is designed to transmit at 100 m the energy consumed is similar if you configure the amplifier to transmit at 50 meters.
Exist a solution that is used in sensors, is to use multistage amplifiers that allow connecting/disconnecting stages in the amplifiers.

But, for distance, 802.11p probably will work better.

Enviado: viernes, 2 de julio de 2021 12:49

Mourad Ouhammou

Jul 2, 2021, 11:40:47 AM7/2/21
to OMNeT++ Users
okey understood sir thank you;but my goal is which IEEE 802.11 should i fixe it in the Physique layer in orther to do my simulation

Mourad Ouhammou

Jul 2, 2021, 12:48:43 PM7/2/21
to OMNeT++ Users
You mean IEEE802.11b?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 5, 2021, 7:45:50 AM7/5/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
802.11p, is the standard for vanets, 802.11b has lower performance than 802.11g at the same bit rate.
Lower bit rate -> lower error -> lower sensitivity  -> bigger distance

Enviado: viernes, 2 de julio de 2021 18:48

Mourad Ouhammou

Jul 5, 2021, 7:55:56 AM7/5/21
to OMNeT++ Users
hello sir,but i worked on  the WSN not on the vanet network and i will fixed the PHY standard in your opinion wath standard i should fixe?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 5, 2021, 8:27:26 AM7/5/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
You should consult with your supervisor, but, if you want to use sensors, you should check what ha technology the sensors use. Most of the sensors that I know implements 802.11g at this moment(esp32, TI, nordic semiconductor). It is possible that in the future they could change to 802.11n. But for sensors, wifi is not a good election, for a real application using batteries, lora and lorawan are better alternatives.

Enviado: lunes, 5 de julio de 2021 13:55

Mourad Ouhammou

Jul 6, 2021, 7:54:57 AM7/6/21
to OMNeT++ Users
actualy I am new to omnet++, kindly guide me implement adaptive CW mechanism in INET project for WSN,by unsing  IEEE802.11e EDCA  ,wath the following steps should i follow to  evaluat the performance?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 6, 2021, 8:20:44 AM7/6/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
check the files
inet/linklayer/ieee80211/mac/channelaccess/Edcaf.cc
and
inet/linklayer/ieee80211/mac/channelaccess/Dcaf.cc

The CW is computed in these files.

Enviado: martes, 6 de julio de 2021 13:54

Mourad Ouhammou

Jul 6, 2021, 8:50:05 AM7/6/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I don't arrive to find the less of path   /channelaccess/Edcaf.cc

Capture1.PNG
Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/07/21, 13:46:03

--
Mourad Ouhammou
Etudiant en master (M2) en systèmes de télécommunication et réseaux informatique

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 6, 2021, 11:33:23 AM7/6/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I think that you are working with an old version of inet the latest version 4.2.5 has other files

Enviado: martes, 6 de julio de 2021 14:49
Para: omn...@googlegroups.com <omn...@googlegroups.com>

Mourad Ouhammou

Jul 23, 2021, 1:41:55 PM7/23/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello RESEARCHERS,
am beginner in OMNET++ how can i evaluate and manage the QOS in therme of performance (latency,débit,energie..) and the consummation of energie under differents traffics by implementing the IEEE 802.11e EDCA protocol by adapting  various values of Contention Window parameter and see the behaviour on the network under different traffic hope you understand my goal waths are the following steps?

Mourad Ouhammou

Jul 28, 2021, 7:15:02 AM7/28/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear reserchers please any one help me to implement this scenario in omnetpp in orther to show resulats on terme of delay ,throughput of DCF protocole in wirless multimedia sensor newtork its urgently please!
sc1.PNG
scen2.PNG

Mourad Ouhammou

Jul 31, 2021, 7:45:00 AM7/31/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Please how can i implement thoses scenarios on omnet++ Inet FrameWork
sc-gmail1.PNG
sc-2.PNG

Mourad Ouhammou

Sep 18, 2021, 8:36:32 AM9/18/21
to OMNeT++ Users

Mourad Ouhammou

Sep 18, 2021, 9:05:08 AM9/18/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Please researchers its urgently

khalid.mo...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2021, 11:27:20 AM9/18/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello dear Morad,
I think these QoS parameters already working in inet4.2 you just explore them in inet/src/inet/linklayer/ieee80211/mac/channelaccess folder, Edcaf.cc and Dcaf.cc files,
 I remember many parameters are defined in these files like sif, ifs, cwMin, and cwMax, etc.

Mourad Ouhammou

Sep 18, 2021, 1:10:58 PM9/18/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hello dear khalid
yes i can arrive to find folder but am enable to explore them and show this results if you can help me please you can contact me on linkdin its urgently its my master project
thank you for feedback

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
18/09/21, 18:09:38

Mourad Ouhammou

Sep 18, 2021, 1:22:56 PM9/18/21
to OMNeT++ Users
 hello
yes i can arrive to find folder but am enable to explore them and show this results

khalid.mo...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2021, 2:11:23 PM9/18/21
to OMNeT++ Users
I am sorry because I am not on an expert level and also busy with my Ph.D. if you have any queries you can ask in the group.

Mourad Ouhammou

Sep 20, 2021, 1:10:52 PM9/20/21
to OMNeT++ Users
https://inet.omnetpp.org/docs/showcases/wireless/qos/doc/index.html#about-802-11-qos
Please if i want to adopte this but in case of WSN how can i do it