Example Scenario with VEINS : NED Consistency Problem

Vasudhashri Vijayaragavan

Nov 29, 2019, 5:12:41 AM11/29/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello all,

Good day to everyone.

I tried to run the Erlangen demo with Veins on Omnet++ and it showed the error "imported NED type not found:
'inet.examples.adhoc.hostautoconf.Scenario'  |  RSUExampleScenario.ned  |  /veins  |  line 24  |  NED Consistency Problem".
I realised i have to install INET first and started the installation. But that also showed an error as shown in the screenshot image.

omnetpperror.png

Please guide me to clear this. I am struggling since past 5 days to clear it so that i can move to the next step of my project.

Thanks in advance.

surekha sai

Nov 29, 2019, 5:37:31 AM11/29/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi, please check if INET checkbox is selected for your project. You can find this under project properties -> project references.

Vasudhashri Vijayaragavan

Nov 29, 2019, 5:40:12 AM11/29/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Surekha,

Thanks for your immediate response. Yes, it is checked.

image.png

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,
Vasudhashri Vijayaragavan

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 11:37 AM surekha sai <vissus...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, please check if INET checkbox is selected. You can find this under project properties -> project references.

Christoph Sommer

Dec 4, 2019, 3:05:32 PM12/4/19
to OMNeT++ Users Mailinglist
On 29 Nov 2019, at 02:12, Vasudhashri Vijayaragavan <mail.vas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to run the Erlangen demo with Veins on Omnet++ and it showed the error "imported NED type not found:
> 'inet.examples.adhoc.hostautoconf.Scenario' | RSUExampleScenario.ned | /veins | line 24 | NED Consistency Problem".

Which software versions (OMNeT++, Veins, etc) are you using?

Also, have you tried using Instant Veins <http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/instant-veins/>?

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

Vasudhashri Vijayaragavan

Dec 5, 2019, 4:20:21 AM12/5/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr.Sommer,

I am using the versions of Omnet++ 5.5 and Veins 5.0. I tried running the scenario once again and i am getting the error message as below.
No such NED type: RSUExampleScenario | Line 10 | Inifile Validation Problem.

Attached screenshot for your reference.

image.png

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,
Vasudhashri Vijayaragavan