send and receive time

zeena usama

Jun 8, 2022, 4:37:55 AM6/8/22
to OMNeT++ Users
hello all

is there any possible way to calculate how much time each device need to send or receive a packet or (byte, bit)

thanks

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 9, 2022, 4:22:42 AM6/9/22
to OMNeT++ Users
Yes, divide the length of packet by the transmission speed. ;)

zeena usama

Jun 9, 2022, 5:38:42 AM6/9/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
May i know from where i can find the transmission speed
And this apply to all devices, or only to sender and receiver

serap bakioglu

Jun 9, 2022, 5:57:42 AM6/9/22
to OMNeT++ Users
What about access delay?
I mean channel access delay.
I have a HetNet (consists of nodes-vehicles 2 interfaces as IEEE 802.11 and LTE).
I want to get the result of access delay.
In results file, I found some metrics such as channelBusy, totalBusyTime of node[5].nic.mac1609_4.
I get confused.
Thanks

federico Valletta

Nov 22, 2022, 9:29:13 AM11/22/22
to OMNeT++ Users
have you find the tranmisson speed?

zeena usama

Nov 22, 2022, 12:31:45 PM11/22/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Yes, i connect the omnet devices that i want to calculate the transmission speed for it to wireshark and from there you can see different useful metrics