How to get speed of mobile node veins_lte ?

Amelie

Mar 25, 2019, 12:23:43 PM3/25/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,
I'm checking for some way to get a speed (m/s) of a car in veins_lte, i found the method : getCurrentSpeed() but it return a coordinate.
If anyone can help me.
Thank you.

Christoph Sommer

Mar 25, 2019, 2:05:02 PM3/25/19
to OMNeT++ Users
On 25 Mar 2019, at 17:23, Amelie <ed_re...@esi.dz> wrote:

> I'm checking for some way to get a speed (m/s) of a car in veins_lte, i found the method : getCurrentSpeed() but it return a coordinate.

I'm not intimately familiar with Veins LTE, but I guess the Coord class is simply used here to produce a speed vector (given in meters per second) that has components for both the x and y direction.

To check, observe the values of cars. If they are reading (13.9 m/s, 0 m/s) when a car is driving east and (-13.9 m/s, 0 m/s) when a car is driving west, you have confirmed this.

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer