INET: Received frame from upper layer while already transmitting

John Blue

May 27, 2021, 7:11:29 PM5/27/21
to OMNeT++ Users

Hi to all,

I have posted this question in StackOverflow. In short, I have a problem with radio medium more specific with UnitDiskRadio I get this error.

Received frame from upper layer while already transmitting. -- in module (inet::physicallayer::UnitDiskRadio)

 If someone has any idea what I need to do for this error leave a comment.

Thanks for your time.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 28, 2021, 3:53:08 AM5/28/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The mac layer should check that the physical medium is busy and in this case, the mac should defer the transmission of the frame. It is possible that exist a error in the mac protocol

May 28, 2021, 5:10:49 AM5/28/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Thank you for your quick response.

Do you know what other module I can use for mac, or if I can do the simulation without the mac?
I mean I don't really care for the physical layer, I want to study the Transport layer.
Do you have any suggestions?

Best Regarts,
Ioannis Aggelis

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 28, 2021, 5:42:20 AM5/28/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
You need a MAC to control the access to the medium, the mac can be very simple, but you need it.
Your node should have a MAC.

Enviado: viernes, 28 de mayo de 2021 11:10
Para: OMNeT++ Users <omn...@googlegroups.com>

John Blue

May 28, 2021, 1:24:11 PM5/28/21
to OMNeT++ Users

From the reference of the INET, I found the ShortcutInterface how implements the ShortcutMac. I don't know if there is an even simpler mac. From my code, I change the AckingWirelessInterface to ShortcutInterface for all the nodes. But in the initialization of the configurator, I get the following error.

Initializing module FTP_B.configurator, stage 4

INFO (Ipv4NetworkConfigurator)FTP_B.configurator:Computing static network configuration (addresses and routes).

<!> check_and_cast(): Cannot cast nullptr to type 'inet::physicallayer::IRadio *' -- in module (inet::Ipv4NetworkConfigurator) FTP_B.configurator (id=3), during network initialization

The thing that I don't understand is that in Ipv4NetworkConfigurator I don't find any parameter on how takes an IRadio module. I am confused I use for Radio Medium the UnitDiskRadioMedium and for the mac the ShortcutInterface. I don't understand what I miss here. Can someone explain to me how it works?

Thank you for your time.

P.S

Thanks for the help.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 31, 2021, 3:47:40 AM5/31/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
If you are using ACK mac and you have an error that the the pysical layer is transmitting, it is possible that could exist a bug in ack mac.

Enviado: viernes, 28 de mayo de 2021 19:24

Levente Mészáros

May 31, 2021, 11:40:13 AM5/31/21
to OMNeT++ Discussion List
The default behavior of the network configurator is to optimize wireless static routing based on approximate error rate. Try setting metric="hopCount" in the XML config file for the wireless link that uses the shortcut.

Regards,
levy

John Blue

May 31, 2021, 5:17:15 PM5/31/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Levy,

Your comment was very helpful. I appreciate your help thank you.

Do I need to report the strange behavior of ACK mac I mean to open a new issue in the repository of INET to check more people for this?

Best Regarts,
Ioannis Aggelis

P.S Thank you all for the help.

'

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jun 1, 2021, 7:05:50 AM6/1/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You can report the problema in inet, with the detailed description of the problema and how to reproduce the problema.

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

Your comment was very helpful. I appreciate your help thank you.

Do I need to report the strange behavior of ACK mac I mean to open a new issue in the repository of INET to check more people for this?

Best Regarts,

Ioannis Aggelis

P.S Thank you all for the help.

'

Στις Δευτέρα, 31 Μαΐου 2021 στις 6:40:13 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης levy έγραψε:

The default behavior of the network configurator is to optimize wireless static routing based on approximate error rate. Try setting metric="hopCount" in the XML config file for the wireless link that uses the shortcut.

Regards,

levy

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 7:24 PM John Blue <dsa11...@gmail.com> wrote:

From the reference of the INET, I found the ShortcutInterface how implements the ShortcutMac. I don't know if there is an even simpler mac. From my code, I change the AckingWirelessInterface to ShortcutInterface for all the nodes. But in the initialization of the configurator, I get the following error.

Initializing module FTP_B.configurator, stage 4

INFO (Ipv4NetworkConfigurator)FTP_B.configurator:Computing static network configuration (addresses and routes).

<!> check_and_cast(): Cannot cast nullptr to type 'inet::physicallayer::IRadio *' -- in module (inet::Ipv4NetworkConfigurator) FTP_B.configurator (id=3), during network initialization

The thing that I don't understand is that in Ipv4NetworkConfigurator I don't find any parameter on how takes an IRadio module. I am confused I use for Radio Medium the UnitDiskRadioMedium and for the mac the ShortcutInterface. I don't understand what I miss here. Can someone explain to me how it works?

Thank you for your time.

P.S

Thanks for the help.

Στις Παρασκευή, 28 Μαΐου 2021 στις 12:42:20 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Alfonso Ariza Quintana έγραψε:

Enviado: viernes, 28 de mayo de 2021 11:10
Para: OMNeT++ Users <omn...@googlegroups.com>

Thank you for your quick response.

Do you know what other module I can use for mac, or if I can do the simulation without the mac?

I mean I don't really care for the physical layer, I want to study the Transport layer.

Do you have any suggestions?

Best Regarts,

Ioannis Aggelis

Στις Παρασκευή, 28 Μαΐου 2021 στις 10:53:08 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Alfonso Ariza Quintana έγραψε:

The mac layer should check that the physical medium is busy and in this case, the mac should defer the transmission of the frame. It is possible that exist a error in the mac protocol

Levente Mészáros

Jun 1, 2021, 7:11:10 AM6/1/21
to OMNeT++ Discussion List
Yes, it would be nice.