Error in osg-intro sample simulation (unknown parameter 'scene')

RMP

Nov 11, 2016, 8:42:23 AM11/11/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I am using OMNeT++ 5.0 and inet 3.4 under Ubuntu 16.04 x64.

I tried to run the osg-intro sample simulation that comes with OMNeT++ 5.0.

When I set up the "Simple 3D model" configuration, it runs as expected.
When I move to the other configurations, an error pops up with the following message:

Error in module (OsgScene) OsgIntro.osgScene (id=2) during network initialization: unknown parameter `scene'.

Does anyone could help me on this?

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Attila Török

Nov 11, 2016, 9:18:21 AM11/11/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The error message you see originates from the reporting of a prior error, as you can see on line 31 of OsgScene.cc.
The par name should be "sceneFile", as there isn't a parameter named "scene" in the OsgScene module, that's a typo.
After correcting it, you should see the real error message: The scene file could not be loaded.
If - as you say - the Simple3DModel configuration works, but none of the others, I would guess you don't have (all of the) osgEarth libraries (properly) installed - or maybe just the configuration script couldn't detect them, perhaps they aren't the right versions. All configurations except the first one require them.
Try checking again if you have the required versions of all the osgEarth development packages installed - see the user manual for details - , then reconfiguring and rebuilding OMNeT++, and see if it works.
It would also help if you could tell which version of Ubuntu you're using, and the versions of OSG and osgEarth you have.

Attila

I tried to run the osg-intro sample simulation that comes with OMNeT++ 5.0.

When I set up the "Simple 3D model" configuration, it runs as expected.
When I move to the other configurations, an error pops up with the following message:

Error in module (OsgScene) OsgIntro.osgScene (id=2) during network initialization: unknown parameter `scene'.

Does anyone could help me on this?

RMP

Nov 11, 2016, 3:45:15 PM11/11/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Attila Török for your quick help.

You are right about the typo. I corrected the wrong parName "scene" to "sceneFile" on line 31 of OsgScene.cc and the correct error message came up.
It should be marked as a bug-report too.

Although, I checked my libs and certified that all dev packages were installed.
When I run the command "pkg-config openscenegraph --libs" I got:

-losg -losgDB -losgFX -losgGA -losgParticle -losgSim -losgText -losgUtil -losgTerrain -losgManipulator -losgViewer -losgWidget -losgShadow -losgAnimation -losgVolume -lOpenThreads

So the libs were installed and the OMNeT++ configuration file was able to find them. See these lines of configure logs:

checking for OpenSceneGraph with CFLAGS=" -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -fPIC  -fno-stack-protector " LIBS="-losg -losgGA -losgViewer -losgQt -lOpenThreads": yes
checking for osgEarth with CFLAGS=" -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -fPIC  -fno-stack-protector " LIBS="-losgEarth -losgEarthUtil": yes

But that was not enough to solve the errors. My Ubuntu had the libs but not the executables.

So I solved the problem when I installed the packages osgearth and openscenegraph-plugin-osgearth.

sudo apt install osgearth openscenegraph-plugin-osgearth

Now there is no error and everything is being displayed correctly.

I wrote my solution so others can be benefited too.

Attila Török

Nov 11, 2016, 4:05:47 PM11/11/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad it is solved, and thank you for sharing your solution!
Section 5.3.1 of the OMNeT++ Installation Guide does indeed instruct to install both of the packages you needed to in the end.
It's just unfortunate that the configure script didn't detect that something was missing.
Attila

Thank you Attila Török for your quick help.

You are right about the typo. I corrected the wrong parName "scene" to "sceneFile" on line 31 of OsgScene.cc and the right error message came up.

Although, I checked my libs and certified that all dev packages were installed.
When I run the command "pkg-config openscenegraph --libs" I get:

Maria Nelago Kanyama

Nov 12, 2016, 4:10:21 PM11/12/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi all, i m getting this error when i m trying to connect my project with crypto++, what does it mean? the error: Path must include project and resource name: /cryptopp

Rayner Pires

Nov 14, 2016, 6:28:15 PM11/14/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maria.

You should open a new topic because it has a different subject.

People won't answer you because they'll think we are still talking about my error, not yours.

Sincerely,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 11:05 PM, Attila Török <torok...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Sent from Gmail Mobile