[Veins LTE] Multi Base Station Scenario in Heterogenous Example

Murat Coşkun

Apr 2, 2015, 4:17:39 PM4/2/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to setup a simulation that involves multi LTE Base Stations. Is this possible to setup a simulation as mentioned in Veins LTE extension? If it is possible, how can I setup the simulation. Does the Veins LTE extension support handover? I would appreciate If you could please help me.

Best,

Murat

Florian Hagenauer

Apr 4, 2015, 11:08:56 AM4/4/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murat,

at the moment I have only tested the framework with a single base
station. Multiple base stations should work (without it being tested)
but SimuLTE (one of the Veins LTE components) does not support handsover
as it is listed on their site:
"handovers not implemented (no X2-based handover, that is; S1-based
handover would require an S-GW model)"

Best,
Florian
> --

Florian Hagenauer MSc

University of Paderborn
Department of Computer Science Room: F1 319
Fürstenallee 11 Email: hage...@ccs-labs.org
33102 Paderborn, Germany Web: http://ccs-labs.org/~hagenauer/

Murat Coşkun

Apr 12, 2015, 2:59:15 AM4/12/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, hage...@ccs-labs.org
Dear Florian,

At first thank you for your kindly respond.

I have setup a network that involves an additional Base Station. There are two base stations with two routers. Then, I have changed the configuration and ini files as MultiCell example in LTE project. When I run the example, I received an error as "<!> Error in module (LteMacUe) scenario.node[1].nic.mac (id=165) at event #2981, t=0.609: H-ARQ TX: fb is not for the pdu in this unit, maybe the addressed one was dropped." Do you have any idea abouth the reason of this error?

Best,
Murat

Florian Hagenauer

Apr 13, 2015, 4:02:24 AM4/13/15
to Murat Coşkun, omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murat,

by a quick look at your error it seems that there are problems when
using multiple base stations. Currently I have not the resources to
address this problem, but if it is fixed I will notify you.
Meanwhile, if you manage to fix it yourself, just let me know or add a
pull request on github.

Best regards,
Florian
> > an email to omnetpp+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> > <mailto:omnetpp+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
>
> Florian Hagenauer MSc
>
> University of Paderborn
> Department of Computer Science Room: F1 319
> Fürstenallee 11 Email: hage...@ccs-labs.org
> <javascript:>
> 33102 Paderborn, Germany Web:
> http://ccs-labs.org/~hagenauer/ <http://ccs-labs.org/~hagenauer/>

Florian Jomrich

Oct 7, 2015, 3:44:48 AM10/7/15
to OMNeT++ Users, murat1...@gmail.com, hage...@ccs-labs.org
It seems there is a problem with Omnet 4.6's drawing capabilities and SimuLTE. (Running in Fast Mode)

Omnet 4.4 should do fine.

At least it worked for me.