OMNET SIMULATION

she...@attamimi.edu.my

Apr 13, 2016, 8:30:19 AM4/13/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello everyone, can you kindly assist me to implement the following tasks in OMNET++...I have tried it many times, but I couldn't get it.

Topic: IMPROVEMENT OF POWER CONSUMPTION IN WBAN SYSTEM

Phase One

·         The WBAN system will consist of the following nodes: patient, medical sensor, gateway, cloud based medical server.

·         The medical sensor will have the ability to classify the bio-signal data collected from a patient into:

v  Urgent data, e.g. for High Blood Pressure, the urgent data is 140mmHg above (this is a serious case).

v  Semi-urgent data, e.g. for High Blood Pressure, the semi-urgent data ranges from 121mmHg – 140mmHg.

v  Non-urgent data, e.g. for High Blood Pressure, the non-urgent data ranges from 1mmHg – 120mmHg.

·         The urgent data will be sent to the gateway immediately, while the non-urgent will be dropped at the sensor (i.e. no need to send to the gateway), whereas the non-urgent data will keep the first packet received, and compare it to the next packet, if the next packet is within the range of semi-urgent, then forward the packet to the gateway immediately, otherwise drop the packet.

Phase Two

·         If the gateway is off because of battery (since most of the gateways are smart phones and PDAs), before it dies, it should send a warning message to the sensor. As such, the sensor will be forwarding any collected packets to the medical server until the gateway is back online.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 13, 2016, 12:20:56 PM4/13/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You should check the examples in the folder \examples\wireless\nic

The bmac, lmac and  and CSMA are adequate.

You will need to develop a source that could simulate your measures (the client and the server). It is the source that should simulate your model, the rest of layers in the network only transport information, that the information is blood pressure or an email to a friend is irrelevant for the rest of the model.

Sheriff Akande

Apr 13, 2016, 6:33:47 PM4/13/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Thanks very much for your helpful response.
However, I am having a problem with the source itself. I don't have enough skill of c++ program to write the source.

Can you kindly assist for the source file?

Thanks

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 14, 2016, 2:31:25 PM4/14/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Why don’t you begin studying the examples?

Respect to the problem with C++, there are many good books, but it isn’t necessary a deep knowledge of c++ to program your functionality, you can use the UDP sources and adapt one of them to your necessities.