zigbee power and delay

ahmad r

Apr 21, 2016, 5:44:39 PM4/21/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi. for my research project, I can measure the power and delay of my application's computation by running it on the board.

but for the communication part, i.e. Zigbee mesh which is proper for adhoc network, I want to use the Omnet++ and mixim. I know that there are some example for delay and power consumption of 802.15 in Mixim. However, Zigbee has more layers on top of 802.15.

I want to simulate and estimate the delay and power consumption of Zigbee. I could not find any example for it. I do not do research on wireless protocols, so I need an existing model for it.
does anyone know about the existing model, or can anyone suggest me how I can build a model easily?

Michael Kirsche

May 11, 2016, 10:31:08 AM5/11/16
to OMNeT++ Users
As far as I know, there is no existing ZigBee model for OMNeT++.
ZigBee is a very large standard, so an implementation of (even basic) functions would take time. If you are not familiar with OMNeT++ or do not have the time to get to know it, I would suggest to look for other possible simulation frameworks / simulators that might provide ZigBee simulation models.