omnetunable-to-install-omnetpp-5-4

Kadari Shivraj

Jun 28, 2018, 4:43:40 AM6/28/18
to OMNeT++ Users

When I run command ./configure I receive below mentioned error:

Enter code here...configure: error: Cannot build Qt apps, probably due to missing or too old Qt packages. Make sure Qt development packages are installed and newer than Qt 5.4. You can disable Qtenv by setting the WITH_QTENV variable to "no" in configure.user.

I have installed Qt5.9.0 after receiving above error, installed mingw-32bit but still receiving same error.Can anyone help me to solve the problem?

ROCHETTE Andy

Jun 28, 2018, 4:51:36 AM6/28/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Where is your omnet folder ?

Retry with this path C:\omnetpp-5.4

Kadari Shivraj

Jun 28, 2018, 5:07:57 AM6/28/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks ROCHETTE Aandy for your suggestion.As I mentioned that I am unable to install omnet so the omnetpp-5.4 is not in c drive. It is inside downloads and few minutes ago I copy-pasted it on desktop but from both locations I am receiving the error mentioned below.

ROCHETTE Andy

Jun 28, 2018, 7:51:31 AM6/28/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I mean, put the folder you extracted in C:\ then ./configure

Kadari Shivraj

Jun 29, 2018, 12:22:58 AM6/29/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I tried your suggestion and got error message in uploaded screenshot.
omnet.jpg

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 29, 2018, 5:37:09 AM6/29/18
to OMNeT++ Users
a) OMNET must be installed on a path that does NOT contain a space so installing it in the Desktop folder is bad practice as the path contains spaces on certain windows version. Installing in c:\ as suggested above is the recommended version,
b) use a proper ZIP extraction tool. Window's internal extractor sometimes forgets to extract some files.
c) do NOT use a CMD prompt to run omnet. Use the mingwenv.cmd script for all your work. Including starting the IDE (typing omnetpp). (on first start of mingwenv wait until is extracts the toolchain properly)