Need help to simulate Basic Safety Message in simuLTE

Aman Gulia

Sep 21, 2019, 8:02:41 AM9/21/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello omnet++ team and all members,

I am trying to simulate a scenario to compare the end-to-end application layer delay between VEINS and SIMULTE when a car sends a BSM packet to another car.
I have successfully managed it in VEINS by creating E2EDelayVector inside BaseWaveApplLayer::handleLowerMsg(cMessage *msg) that captures all the messages received from the nic layer.
For this used GENERAL configuration in omnet.ini instead of WITHOUTCHANNELSWITCHING or WITHCHANNELSWITCHING

What should be approach to do the same in simuLTE?
 I notice that there are 4 applications available when simuLTE is installed (Alert, CBR, vod and voip). What kind of application is available to send BSM or CAM messages from one car to another?
Out of the configurations available in simuLTE (General,VoIP-UL, VoIL-DL, VoIP-D2D, D2DMulticast) which one should be used to just send and receive BSM packets from one car to another?

Upon using the configuration VoIP-UL, I notice that the the airframe sent by the car(VoIPsender() class in udpApp module) is consumed by the eNodeB -> sent to pgw -> pgw sends to router -> router sends to server. No response is sent back to another car in order to receive this packet. How can I achieve that?

Best Regards
Aman

ayene zinabie

Oct 12, 2019, 9:27:46 AM10/12/19
to OMNeT++ Users
i also need to create communication v2v and v2i communicattion to prevent vehicle accidents. how can i do these?

dhahak mouhamed chouaib

Jun 12, 2020, 3:06:36 AM6/12/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Do you find a solution for this problem

chimou mimou

Sep 15, 2020, 6:33:05 AM9/15/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, Did you find out how to implement Basic safety messages?

Jean de la Croix Ki

Sep 15, 2020, 8:40:52 AM9/15/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, I am also on the same type of project. Could you someone give some hints?