Delays in omnet++

Alexey Sergeevich

May 12, 2021, 2:10:37 AM5/12/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello
I have this scheme in omnet ++ (see attachments). I need to find out what are the delays between all devices, how can I do this?
For example, in the Packet Tracer, there are consoles (cmd) where you can ping all nodes.
Maybe you can connect some additional programs to the Omnet++?

photo_2021-05-12_10-09-52.jpg

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 12, 2021, 10:49:56 AM5/12/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You can include a time mark in every packet, for example using addPar, if you set the parameter when the packet is sent and compare the time when the packet is received is easy to measure any delay

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

Alexey Sergeevich

May 21, 2021, 3:03:00 AM5/21/21
to OMNeT++ Users
can you tell us in more detail how to do this?

среда, 12 мая 2021 г. в 18:49:56 UTC+4, Alfonso Ariza Quintana:

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 21, 2021, 3:49:21 AM5/21/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
msg->addPar("value1") = simTime().dbl();

msg->addPar("value2") = simTime().dbl();

msg->addPar("value3") = simTime().dbl();

double v1 = simTime().dbl() - msg->par("value1");
double v2 = simTime().dbl() - msg->par("value2");
double v3 = simTime().dbl() - msg->par("value3");

May 21, 2021, 4:36:43 AM5/21/21
to OMNeT++ Users
This must be written in the ini. file?
пятница, 21 мая 2021 г. в 11:49:21 UTC+4, Alfonso Ariza Quintana:

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 21, 2021, 6:51:04 AM5/21/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
In the source code, if you want to measure several delays this is a form,
if you want to measure the end-to-end delay, and you are using inet-framework, the end-to-end delay is already measured and recorded in the results files

Enviado: viernes, 21 de mayo de 2021 10:36

Alexey Sergeevich

May 21, 2021, 7:03:32 AM5/21/21
to OMNeT++ Users
I got this error
I'm sorry, I'm a noob in omnet ++

пятница, 21 мая 2021 г. в 14:51:04 UTC+4, Alfonso Ariza Quintana:
image_2021-05-21_15-02-10.png

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 21, 2021, 7:07:59 AM5/21/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Source code, c++ no in the ini file,
but inet already should record the end to end delay

Enviado: viernes, 21 de mayo de 2021 13:03

Alexey Sergeevich

May 21, 2021, 7:18:21 AM5/21/21
to OMNeT++ Users
When the simulation was running and in the logs, I did not find any data on delays

пятница, 21 мая 2021 г. в 14:51:04 UTC+4, Alfonso Ariza Quintana:
In the source code, if you want to measure several delays this is a form,

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 21, 2021, 7:31:06 AM5/21/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
sca files at the end of the simulation, the application modules of inet should write the delay

Enviado: viernes, 21 de mayo de 2021 13:18

Alexey Sergeevich

May 23, 2021, 5:47:43 AM5/23/21
to OMNeT++ Users
there is very little latency data in the sca file, I need more statistics, can I increase this?

пятница, 21 мая 2021 г. в 15:31:06 UTC+4, Alfonso Ariza Quintana:
Безымянный123.png

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 24, 2021, 3:13:20 AM5/24/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
You can include more nodes, different traffic, replicate the experiment with different seeds ....

Enviado: domingo, 23 de mayo de 2021 11:47

Alexey Sergeevich

May 24, 2021, 4:07:04 AM5/24/21
to OMNeT++ Users
How can i do this?)
I do not enter any initial numbers at all.
The fact is that I found this project on github, and did not do it myself, so I don’t understand

понедельник, 24 мая 2021 г. в 11:13:20 UTC+4, Alfonso Ariza Quintana:

tao yao

May 31, 2021, 8:30:55 AM5/31/21
to OMNeT++ Users
I want to know where this code is added? thank you!

Alexey Sergeevich

May 31, 2021, 12:06:37 PM5/31/21
to OMNeT++ Users
What kind of code?
If the one that threw off to me
Alfonso Ariza, then I added it to the ini file

scenario_Small.rar

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 31, 2021, 2:03:16 PM5/31/21
to OMNeT++ Users
This configuration file is for inet framework, at least, inet 3.x and 4.x recorded automatically the end-to-end delay in the sca file like a histogram.

Enviado: lunes, 31 de mayo de 2021 18:06

Para: OMNeT++ Users <omn...@googlegroups.com>