Need to set up a VANET with variable transmission rates and number of vehicles, and print out the received packet's information.

Boong Baang

Nov 20, 2019, 9:45:26 PM11/20/19
to OMNeT++ Users
I want to have a VANET scenario where BSMs are transmitted periodically in range 10 Hz and 80 Hz, and the density changes from 50 to 200 veh/km. I want to use the different privacy techniques implemented in PREXT, and generate a log file for every packets received that includes Sender ID, Receiver ID, Sender Location, Receiver Location, Packet Generation Time, Packet Reception Time.

I was using ns3 for the generation of log files but I couldn't find any modules like PREXT there. So if anyone has some sample code which can be modified in a simple way to generate the scenario I described and print out the logs, it will be greatly helpful.

Any other resource will be helpful too.

Christoph Sommer

Nov 21, 2019, 2:32:34 AM11/21/19
to OMNeT++ Users Mailinglist
On 21 Nov 2019, at 03:45, Boong Baang <bipl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> generate a log file for every packets received that includes Sender ID, Receiver ID, Sender Location, Receiver Location, Packet Generation Time, Packet Reception Time

I don't think I fully understand your question. Are you asking how to create a log file in OMNeT++? Or are you asking for help in porting PREXT to ns3?

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

Boong Baang

Jul 5, 2020, 7:40:36 PM7/5/20
to OMNeT++ Users
I am responding very late as I had been working on the networking part of my research on ns3. But regarding the privacy models, ns3 has no model built-in so I am thinking of using PREXT.

I want to generate a log file, of when a packet was received, sender, receiver, time of reception etc as a csv file using OPNET.