Why does the delay not increase with load in Simu5G/SimuLte?

Moyukh Laha

Jan 17, 2023, 4:35:14 AM1/17/23
to OMNeT++ Users

Hello everyone. I am simulating a reference environment in Simu5G (similar to simuLte). I run the tutorial example (simu5G) with multiple UE configurations. With the increase in the number of users (1-10), the frame delay (the code is using CBR traffic, therefore measuring the CBR frame delay mean) does not increase linearly. For one user, the mean delay is similar to the mean delay with a number of users=5. Should not the delay increase almost linearly with the load (here, no. of users, all users are generating the same traffic)?
Then, I observed that all of a sudden, the delay drastically increased (no. of users changed from 8 to 9, and the mean delay increased by almost ten times).

What is not clear to me is that when only a single user is there, should not all the RBs be used by the single user, similarly when the no of users is increased to 2, then all the RBs be divided among these two users, and as a result, the delay should almost double. But that’s not how it is working. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks.