I've just written a book, Learning OMNeT++ !!

Thomas Chamberlain

Sep 22, 2013, 8:03:02 AM9/22/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've recently written a book that has been published called "Learning OMNeT++". I've written it for people who want to quickly get up and running with using OMNeT++. Here's where you can find it: http://www.packtpub.com/learning-realistic-insightful-network-simulations-with-omnetpp/book

The book uses INET as a way of learning by example.

It's available as an eBook too.

Thanks!

Tom

Pavan Kumar R

Sep 23, 2013, 1:31:24 AM9/23/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Congratulations on your book, and thank you so much, I hope it will help me learn OMNET++ .. I am looking forward to reading it.

Thank you
Pavan Kumar

Mohammad Mehdi Sanaatiyan

Sep 23, 2013, 5:11:47 AM9/23/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Thomas Chamberlain,

    Congratulation to you. I really hope the political sanction of Iran will be released as soon as possible;consequently, we'll have a chance to read it.

Good luck and hope to see more from you.

Best regards,
Mehdi

rohit

Sep 26, 2013, 10:19:19 PM9/26/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,

I need this book for my project work in Post graduation. BTW very congratulations. Can i learn to build wireless network and handover through this book?

Thank you,

rohit

Sep 26, 2013, 10:24:23 PM9/26/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

Congratulations..... I

Sir what is "PacktLib access to the book"?

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:33:02 PM UTC+5:30, Thomas Chamberlain wrote:
It's available as an eBook too..

Thanks!

Tom

rohit pawar

Sep 26, 2013, 10:29:33 PM9/26/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Sir,
Whether i learn "Wireless network simulation" through this book? I need to develop  handover simulation in OMNet++.
Thanks

Thomas Chamberlain

Sep 27, 2013, 4:35:12 AM9/27/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
PacktLib is an online library similar to Kindle, though you can access the book via Kindle too.

thanks!

Thomas Chamberlain

Sep 27, 2013, 4:36:00 AM9/27/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The book will teach you how to get up and running with OMNeT++ using INET, it walks you through examples and how you can modify existing examples for your own goals.

rohit pawar

Sep 27, 2013, 7:46:20 AM9/27/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks

Abdelrahman Saeed

Sep 28, 2013, 11:22:36 PM9/28/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Thomas Chamberlain

can i get free copy of your book, i well be very greatful for you

Thomas Chamberlain

Sep 30, 2013, 4:23:27 AM9/30/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Abdelrahman,

I can't give out free copies as I don't own the publishing rights to the book, the publisher is Packt Publishing. I don't get access to free books.

Regards,

Tom

On 29 September 2013 04:22, Abdelrahman Saeed <asau10...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Thomas Chamberlain

can i get free copy of your book, i well be very greatful for you

Mahyuddin Husairi

Oct 27, 2013, 11:08:40 PM10/27/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom, i just bought your book (ebook version) as my starting point to learn omnet++. Excellent book for newbie like me.

Anyway, i just have some question to you

latest version of inet framework is 2.2.0 and it seems not compatible with exercise in your book, so i just simply using inet 2.1.0 to do the exercises in your book.
Is there any extra thing that i have to do with new inet 2.2.0? ipv4nodecontroller error message keep annoying me and i still not understand new features in inet 2.2.0.
Is there any errata for your book to cater the changes of inet 2.1.0 to inet 2.2.0?
Where is ther right place for me to learn the changes that have been made in inet 2.2.0 such as node lifecycle, ipv4nodecontroller and other new features (other than examples in it)?

Anyway, thanks for writing a good book for omnet++ beginner.

sofian

Oct 30, 2013, 4:27:45 AM10/30/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your question.

sofian

Oct 30, 2013, 4:28:28 AM10/30/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your question

Atheer Al

Dec 9, 2013, 5:51:26 AM12/9/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,

 A really nice book , simple and direct. Your ex. Helloworld, you dont mention anything about the frlatnetworkconfigurator in the .ini file ,  simulation is not running and is keep sending me error about this configurator, is there anything should I set other than what you mention in your book ? Thanks

Mustafa Jabiry

Dec 23, 2013, 2:04:00 AM12/23/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,
I've got this error when I try to follow your tutorial in chapter 3, throw APR test, the terminal doesn't run the example and give me this message.

../../../src/run_inet: 7: ../../../src/run_inet: opp_run: not found

I hope you can helpme
Sincererly, Mustafa.

abha gupta

Jan 1, 2014, 2:17:49 PM1/1/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
sir iwant to buy dis book but i have no credit card den how can get dis book plzz tell me..if possible

Thomas Chamberlain

Jan 1, 2014, 2:22:00 PM1/1/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You don't need a credit card, do you have a PayPal account?

On 1 Jan 2014 19:17, "abha gupta" <abha...@gmail.com> wrote:
sir iwant to buy dis book but i have no credit card den how can get dis book plzz tell me..if possible

abha gupta

Jan 1, 2014, 2:26:13 PM1/1/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
no, sir i have not...how can create plzz send me link if possible

Thomas Chamberlain

Jan 1, 2014, 2:32:45 PM1/1/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Just go to paypal.com