Dropping UDP packets

Wojciech Trela

Apr 5, 2013, 5:37:31 PM4/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Im implementing a selfish nodes into Net80211_aodv adhoc network example. I'm facing issue with dropping udp packets but not dropping rest of packets like RREQ. How can I achive that? Is there any filtering module implemented or something like that? Any hints?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 5, 2013, 6:25:44 PM4/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
inetmanet can support something similar to netfilter, you can set the IP layer and  to drop UPD packets

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:37:31 -0700
From: trela.w...@gmail.com
To: omn...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Omnetpp-l] Dropping UDP packets

Hi,
Im implementing a selfish nodes into Net80211_aodv adhoc network example. I'm facing issue with dropping udp packets but not dropping rest of packets like RREQ. How can I achive that? Is there any filtering module implemented or something like that? Any hints?

Wojciech Trela

Apr 5, 2013, 6:39:26 PM4/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I was looking for such a thing, but can't find any. Do you maybe know where can I find something similar?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 5, 2013, 6:50:23 PM4/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I don't remeber now the format, but it uses a file and a format similar to iptables, the code that execute the parser of the file is in RoutingTableParser

the format is more or lest something like thos

rules:
iptables -A input -p udp -j drop -sport 1234
rulesend.

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 15:39:26 -0700
From: trela.w...@gmail.com
To: omn...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Omnetpp-l] Re: Dropping UDP packets

Wojciech Trela

Apr 5, 2013, 9:15:11 PM4/5/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Wow, works perfectly! Thank you for help :)

Arpit Bohra

Nov 27, 2022, 10:44:00 AM11/27/22
to OMNeT++ Users
can someone send github link for selfish nodes please?