Where did the gene-gene correlation plot go?

Ivo Kwee

Aug 16, 2020, 9:22:14 AM8/16/20
to Omics Playground
[originally emailed to us by KT on 13.08.2020]

Where did the gene-gene correlation plot go?  I liked that one!  (I forget which tab it was under, but it seems to have disappeared between v2.4.5 (when I started playing with this) and v2.5 (where I am now))

Ivo Kwee

Aug 16, 2020, 9:22:45 AM8/16/20
to Omics Playground
I am not sure if it was v2.4.5, but we did have a gene-gene correlation plot at some point where you could choose gene1 and gene2 manually. Now there is a special tab under expression for 'correlation analysis' that has such correlation plots but automatically shows the top correlated genes. Ah sorry..., if you meant the gene-gene correlation plot that looked like a FACS cytoplot, it is in the SingleCell/CellProfiling tab and that tab is automatically hidden if the dataset is not single-cell (or large sample size data set). If you mean this plot, yes I understand it is also interesting for non-single cell data and perhaps in future we will move this submodule out of the CellProfiling module. Load one of our scRNA-seq dataset (like the melanoma) than you should see the CellProfiling tab appear and also the cytoplot. The reason to hide unnecessary tabs/modules is to keep the UI as simple as possible.