How to save a session with a locally uploaded dataset?

Eduardo Beltrame

Aug 5, 2021, 11:02:53 PMAug 5
to Omics Playground
Hello, thank you for making this wonderful tool, it is very useful.

I would like to know how to save a sample for which I manually uploaded the samples.csv and counts.csv files, such that if I reboot my computer (or turn off my cloud instance) I would be able to restart the session without having to re-upload the data.

I also noticed that the data processing seems to demand quite a bit of RAM (I had to use a larger cloud instance than my desktop allowed for) and it would be nice to be able to do the processing in a large instance then downsize to a smaller one.

Thank you very much

Eduardo

BigOmics Analytics Team

Aug 31, 2021, 5:41:57 AMAug 31
to Omics Playground
Hi Eduardo.

Are you using the docker version or one of our public servers (public.bigomics.ch or covid19.bigomics.ch)?

The public servers don't allow saving the users data but are more for demo purposes. We have possibility for subscription (with academic pricing) where you can save you data in the cloud, currently accepting limited beta testers. This means you can save your computed PGX (as we call it) file, and your processing will be done in the cloud using larger instances. Please contact us if you are interested.

Data processing needs a fairly amount of RAM and CPU. If you are using the free docker version, this will use your local computer resources and it may not suffice. Also some modules won't work because some large database files are not shipped with free version. With the local docker version, you can save your PGX file by mounting a local folder to the /data folder in the docker image.

Thanks for using Omics Playground!

Ivo