New Shims?

Jonathan Cook

Dec 4, 2015, 9:59:21 AM12/4/15
to omh-developers
Hello,

Your project looks very interesting, I was wondering if there were any requests for shims out there that haven't been implemented yet. I would be interested in contributing to the project but I notice you aren't really using the issues functionality yet in Github?

Thanks for any pointers
Jonathan

Emerson Farrugia

Dec 8, 2015, 6:03:46 AM12/8/15
to omh-developers
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out. I think a community shim status update is in order.
  1. We've got long-standing pull requests for Strava and Ginsberg shims. We're going to merge those once we finish up some of the overhauls we're making to Shimmer internals for pagination support, request building, and request composition.
  2. Cornell is working on a Moves shim, which is currently missing mappers. We'll get a pull request for that once the mappers are implemented.
  3. We've reached out to Garmin, and are waiting to hear back since they have an approval process we need to go through. Since Shimmer is an in-house aggregator, and not a hosted application they're used to, we're a bit unorthodox so we don't know how long that process will take.
A few platforms we want to integrate with are Microsoft Health (not HealthVault), Garmin, Nike+ Fuelband, MapMyFitness, Basis, and MyFitnessPal on the fitness side and Entra glucometers, Dexcom on the clinical side. The former are probably easier to get API access to. Reach out to us and let us know what you'd like to do. Our shim template should help you with the process of implementing the shim, and we welcome any feedback you may have on it.

Regarding GitHub, we do handle Shimmer issues in GitHub (20 closed, 5 open at the moment.) We typical get project specific questions there, and higher-level questions in the forum.

Best regards,
Emerson