Step count from Google Fit retrieved though the shimmer is not working in web-visualizations

Ralph van Etten

Dec 4, 2015, 5:08:30 AM12/4/15
to omh-developers
Hi,

I've installed the shimmer (0.4.1) and configured it with Google Fit.

If I retrieve step_count data from Google Fit I get this data:

  • {
    • header
      {
    •     ...
    • },
    • body
      {
      • effective_time_frame
        {
        • time_interval
          {
          • start_date_time"2014-12-04T20:30:56.411226001Z",
          • end_date_time"2014-12-04T20:31:56.411226001Z"
          }
        },
      • step_count2
      }
    }
but when I feed this data to the web visualizations I get :

TypeError: Cannot read property 'unit' of undefined

It seems web-visualizations is expecting a "duration" property in "time_interval" but this duration is not provided by the shim.

I'm not sure which one needs to be fixed:
Should the shim provide duration or should web-visualization be able to work without duration?

Thanks,

Ralph.

Emerson Farrugia

Dec 4, 2015, 5:21:30 AM12/4/15
to omh-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ralph,

The visualization library should work without duration. I've add this as an issue to the visualization library. Thanks for reporting and we'll try to take a look today.

Thanks,
Emerson

This e-mail message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s). Please inform us immediately if you are not the addressee
MedVision BV
Aagje Dekenkade 71
2251 ZV, Voorschoten

Ralph van Etten

Dec 4, 2015, 5:37:38 AM12/4/15
to omh-dev...@googlegroups.com
On 12/04/2015 11:21 AM, Emerson Farrugia wrote:
> Hi Ralph,
>
> The visualization library should work without duration. I've add this as
> an issue <https://github.com/openmhealth/web-visualizations/issues/5> to
> the visualization library.

Great, thanks!

Ralph.

--
This e-mail message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s). Please
inform us immediately if you are not the addressee.

--
*MedVision BV*

Jasper Speicher

Dec 17, 2015, 6:54:39 PM12/17/15
to omh-developers
Hi Ralph,

Sorry for the delay. We may have a fix here, but to be sure, I would love to test it against your data. Can you put something in a gist for us?

Thanks!
Jasper

Ralph van Etten

Dec 18, 2015, 2:49:47 AM12/18/15
to omh-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jasper,

On 12/18/2015 12:54 AM, Jasper Speicher wrote:

> Sorry for the delay. We may have a fix here, but to be sure, I would
> love to test it against your data. Can you put something in a gist
> for us?

I've put the data here:

https://gist.github.com/ralphvanetten/7a69e689da87e802a10f

It's data as returned by the shimmer with google fit set counts.

Ralph.