Question about SNOMED codes for the bloodpressure measurements.

Ralph van Etten

May 25, 2016, 7:17:48 AM5/25/16
to omh-developers
Hi,

I've noticed the blood pressure schema is using SNOMED code 75367002 Blood pressure (observable entity)

According to SNOMED an observable entity is something which needs to be answered: "...the observable is like a question, and what is missing can be regarded as the answer" or used to code headers in a template: "One use for | Observable entity | in a clinical record is to code headers on a template."

While according to SNOMED a finding is something which has been measured: "Clinical findings have been defined as observations, judgments or assessments about patients."

Therefore when returning OMH data containing blood pressure measurements I would expect it (the OMH schema) to use SNOMED code 163020007 O/E - blood pressure reading

Why is the schema using the SNOMED code for an observable entity and not the SNOMED code for a finding? Am I missing something or are the schemas not meant for findings?

Thanks.

Ralph van Etten

Simona Carini

May 25, 2016, 7:35:13 PM5/25/16
to omh-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Ralph for your question.
The schemas model results of measurements.
Your message is quite timely.
We are currently reviewing and revising the reference section of a number of schemas to add / amend information.
As you are a subscriber to this group, you'll be notified when a schema update occurs.
Thank you again for your note.
We really appreciate it.
Regards,
Simona

MedVision BV
Aagje Dekenkade 71
2251 ZV, Voorschoten

This e-mail message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s). Please inform us immediately if you are not the addressee