Omeka Admin Page Blank (in a weird way)

Peter Fabri

Jan 7, 2017, 9:13:32 PM1/7/17
to Omeka Dev
Dear Developers,

First of all, I'm terribly sorry for posting my issue here, but it is an incredibly strange one, and I was hoping you could perhaps help.

I've recently updated to PHP7 on my server, and ever since the update a very strange thing has persisted: My site displays okay UNTIL I log in as admin. Then, all I get is an empty admin page. Even more bizarre is that if I now (i.e. still logged in) go back to the homepage, that too will fail to display.

Before logging in -- all seemingly fine:

After logging in -- nothing displayed at all:

I've tried reverting to PHP 5.x. I've also checked if the required extensions are present, and they are. I've enabled error logging, but

 /application/logs/errors.log

remains empty.

If I uncomment

 # SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development

inside .htaccess, I get an internal server error on the homepage, but not on the (empty) admin page, which is also quite a bit odd.

Could anybody please help?

Many thanks in advance,
Peter

Patrick Murray-John