keyword search for 3 digit numbers fails

jcwiok

Jan 3, 2017, 3:29:50 PM1/3/17
to Omeka Dev
Hi everyone,

When I perform a keyword search for a 3 digit number "490", I get no result even though that value exists in our Identifier field. If I search for 490 with "exact match" checked, I get a large return with any number string containing the sequence 490. If I do an advance search with Identifier is exactly 490, I get the result that I want. With number with more than 3 digits, the keyword search performs as expected. Anyone else experience this problem or have a suggestion for how to fix it? I've already re-indexed.

Our site is here:

and we are using omeka 2.4.1

Thanks! Jen Cwiok
Digital Projects Manager
AMNH Library

Battistella, Marco

Jan 3, 2017, 4:37:30 PM1/3/17
to omek...@googlegroups.com
I remember encountering a similar issue. I figured out the reason, I don;t remember exactly what it was, but something in the way mysql implements full text search excludes any 3 or less characters word.
Which would apply to 490
I believe the regular search will not work.
Marco

Lukas Pukas

Jan 4, 2017, 2:16:37 AM1/4/17
to Omeka Dev